• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

Don't lump me in with the haters, I did kinda like SAO enough to read the light novels when they hit the West (or have they already and I just missed them?). Even if the end got kind of "keep that away NTR stuff away from me" and there were a few asspulls, it was entertaining when I watched it last year.

I just wanted to see more of the worlds that we saw and I already pointed out a couple things I would've liked to have seen. I mean, it's a freakin' MMO based anime, they could have literally used all 20 something episodes just exploring SAO alone (or cut down the ALO arc an episode or two to make way for another SAO episode). But the end product felt rushed and not very fleshed out. If this next season is just as rushed, I probably won't watch it.

I should also point out that I really didn't care if Kirito was OP but I did want to see him do more quests just to see *some* growth on the game's terms. I guess this falls under the "I wouldn't have minded more filler" part of the above paragraph.

Yeah that's my biggest complaint/defense against this show: The company that adapted it didn't want to make a true adaptation, they just wanted to make a cliff's notes.

And I too would really like to see more of the worlds, particularly Alfheim. If what I read on the SAO wiki has taught me anything, it's that there was a lot of stuff regarding the world that we didn't get to see or would've made for some potential story telling.

To be fair, an anime adaption by default wouldn't serve the LN justice. Even if the whole season 1 was dedicated to SAO you would still get the "cliff notes" experience. The lower floors of Kiritos journey(you know...before the time skip) is still barely being explored too in other formats.

So they started playing the Japanese opening for Space Dandy on toonami. Though is it just me, or was the video quality on the opening really shitty?

Also this episode was really interesting. It basically had two different plots in one

Dandy seemed fine but also totally unfocused. I did jump up and pay attention when the Bebop fridge showed up.

Blue Exorcist seemed like a pretty standard intro to a fightan' series. But I hear, as usual, it runs into filler half-way in. Why can't Japan just make series based on stories that are finished?

This week's Dandy episode was full of feels and humor
Why can't Japan just make series based on stories that are finished?
Because they want to capitalize on a series' popularity before it dies down when it ends.

Such a weird, sad Space Dandy episode

meanwhile, blue exorcist was kinda neat until that last line at the end

hearing the total resolve in kirito's voice when he says he's "gonna beat the shit outta SATAN!" means this show now has my full attention.

Apologies for SAO hate? Never.

As for today's Space Dandy, it was really weird. I'm not sure if I liked it or not; the visuals and animation were really top notch all the way through, but the plot was hard to follow and there was pretty much no humor. Next episode looks to be a feels episode though, and a good one at that. Blue Exorcist also looks cool, but I feel like it will eventually sink into shit. I mean, killing the best character in the 2nd episode, really?

meanwhile, blue exorcist was kinda neat until that last line at the end

hearing the total resolve in kirito's voice when he says he's "gonna beat the shit outta SATAN!" means this show now has my full attention.

lol. Well, that line did stand out I suppose.

so uh
stu snyder is stepping down from CN
get hype so long as someone worse doesn't replace him

Wait, who was this Stu Snyder and what exactly did he implement that almost "killed" CN?

How long ago was bomb scare, and what was the situations for new cartoons and stuff then?

How long ago was bomb scare, and what was the situations for new cartoons and stuff then?

It was before the ATHF movie so 2006-2007 (I feel old)? Was that Miguzi time?

Space☆Dandy...what the hell?

Better and better as well.

Space☆Dandy...what the hell?
Space Dandy seems to always end up helping all the cute alien girls. Whether they're body switchers or house plants or BOOKS.

I don't think I ever saw a book blush, in anything, ever.

I don't think I ever saw a book blush, in anything, ever.
It certainly reminded me that I should watch R.O.D. again.

So many books.

Check Bobobo, pretty sure that's there
I would prefer to keep my mind from being violated.

Reactions: EA575
Is Shiemi's VA, Cerina Vee?

nvm I know now.

Last edited:
Blue Exorcist is so cliched, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than Sword Art Online.

One Piece must measure time in Standard Namek Minutes.

on Blue Exorcist, it sounds like Filia taking some bad advice from Izanami from Persona 4.

and then on Soul Eater . . . IT'S OVER!

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I watched Soul Eater years ago so this is nothing new.

I still say that Soul Eater needs a new installment that follows the Manga more closely, like FMA: Brotherhood.

I watched Soul Eater years ago so this is nothing new.

I still say that Soul Eater needs a new installment that follows the Manga more closely, like FMA: Brotherhood.
The manga actually ended not too long ago.
So it's not out of the question

The manga actually ended not too long ago.
So it's not out of the question
It did? Well I know what I'm reading next.

Soul Eater's asspull ending will forever be garbage, Manga was loads better.

Soul Eater NOT! is getting an adaption so that's something.

Reactions: Crayolan
Soul Eater's asspull ending will forever be garbage, Manga was loads better.
I heard the manga had its own problems. Like never showing Maka's mom.

But yeah, that whole ending left me scratching my head.

Next week will increase the amount of shows about pirates to 2.

Free is the best character in Soul Eater.

Hands down.

So apparently Durarara is getting a second season.

That'll probably end up on toonami since [as] already aired the first one. Its years away of course.

So apparently Durarara is getting a second season.
Awesome, but I'm not sure how excited I should be for it. I mean, it wasn't on of the best anime I've seen.

Also I just realized how damn predictable I am, Shizuo Heiwajima is my favorite character in Durarara!! as well.

Woah, it's actually happening. I wonder how much of the LN will be adapted, there's like 5 more. I'm pretty hype now, with Gatchaman 2, Psycho Pass 2 and all the other season 2's were getting.

Woah, it's actually happening. I wonder how much of the LN will be adapted, there's like 5 more. I'm pretty hype now, with Gatchaman 2, Psycho Pass 2 and all the other season 2's were getting.
Will Celty get her head back? I recall that being a big plot point early in the first series but it took back seat and focused on the gang stuff.

And is the novel series still running or is that complete?

Will Celty get her head back? I recall that being a big plot point early in the first series but it took back seat and focused on the gang stuff.

And is the novel series still running or is that complete?
Haven't read em' so I wouldn't know, but with what I've heard, if they choose to adapt another three volumes the second season will be more entertaining than the first.

I really hope can get that kamen rider kabuto dub that was on the Philippines toonami over here in the states. Its actually a pretty good dub and the US could desperately use kamen rider...

wouldn't it be amazing if the second season of DRRR!! ended on
Izaya getting stabbed
and then a cut to black/ending sequence

Reactions: SkyKingJ