• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows All rooms appear as "Casual Matches - Beginner"

Mofumorph

Reaction score
Steam
ernestcroft
Squigly
Uncommonly it happens, at least now. This problem affects not everyone. How I find it is by streamings or something. Idk if it happens in any language. I'm Japanese. (In Japanese, "Casual Matches - Beginner" is "野試合 - 初心者")

Restarting Skullgirls or computer or changing language didn't fix it.

Couldn't it just be that we have a lot of beginners in the game recently, hence leading to a lot of beginner lobbies?

The game just got off a 75% sale a few days back.

Couldn't it just be that we have a lot of beginners in the game recently, hence leading to a lot of beginner lobbies?

The game just got off a 75% sale a few days back.
No, that's not it. I recall this problem happening once as well.

Friend was surprised we called a lobby with advanced players we invited him to as "casual matches - beginner". As it turned out after a brief confusion, he saw it as "casual matches -beginner" while it was named (and seen by everyone else except for him) as something different, whatever it was. I recall him saying something like "huh, that explains why X's and Y's lobby earlier was named that too".

For what it's worth, the friend is Russian and since the game doesn't have a Russian language setting, I assume he played it in English. Also, the situation happened a few months back. It was a one time thing, didn't think about bringing it up and quickly forgot about the whole occurrence until reading this thread just now.

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
Happened to me once too.
My game is set to english and I saw 6 lobbies, all casual matches - beginner, but 2 of them were hosted by Veritas and Alex. I still have the pic, I'll post it when I get back to my pc.
Can't remember if re-launching the game fixed it or not.

Happened to me once too.
My game is set to english and I saw 6 lobbies, all casual matches - beginner, but 2 of them were hosted by Veritas and Alex. I still have the pic, I'll post it when I get back to my pc.
Can't remember if re-launching the game fixed it or not.
If by Alex you mean me, I don't host beginner lobbies.

Which was exactly my point.

Maybe you should, though

tumblr_na7jcuGj4h1qm5nqro6_r2_500.gif