• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

anti - heros and antagonists that you like in Video games or anime

SHODAN

I like to pretend i'm good at Fighting games
Reaction score
Steam
InfectedCloud
PSN
Assassinking34
it seems not alot of games and anime are made with antagonists that are likeable to some extent. but is there a character that you actually PREFER over the good person or protagonist. same goes for anti - heroes as well. i would like to see your favorites but i myself dont really have one so please type to your heart's content.

I was always fascinated by villains.

Anime/Manga
  • Scanty & Kneesocks (Panty & Stocking) - When I first heard their theme I listened to it for 45 minutes straight!
  • Excel & Hyatt (Excel Saga) - I wouldn't call them heroic protagonists, but they're funny incompetent agents of a fascist organisation.
  • Dio Brando (Jojo)
  • Hol Horse (Jojo)
  • J. Geil and his mother Enya (Jojo)
  • N'Dool (Jojo)
  • Daniel D'Arby (Jojo)
  • The Pillar Men: Kars, Wammu, Esidisi (Jojo)
  • Kira (I haven't read Jojo's Part 4 yet, but I already find this character awesome)
  • The Elite Four: Gamagoori, Jakuzure, Sanageyama & Inumuta (Kill La Kill)
The Elite Four do a Heel-Face Turn though in the 2nd half of the show

Video Games
  • I-No (Guilty Gear)
  • Baiken??? (Guilty Gear) - Not sure if she's an Anti-Hero
  • Azrael (Blazblue)
  • Eliza (Skullgirls)
  • Juri (Street Fighter)
  • Vega (Street Fighter)
  • M.Bison (Street Fighter)
  • Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
  • Vergil (Devil May Cry)
  • Arkham (Devil May Cry)
  • Senator Armstrong (MGR: Revengeance)
  • Winds of Destruction: Monsoon, Samuel, Mistral & Sundowner (MGR: Revengeance)
  • Solidus Snake (MGS2)
  • The Boss (MGS3)
I don't really read Marvel/DC comics, but I find Deadpool to be amusing.

Last edited:
the hellsing series has one my favorite anti-heros which is alucard and in video games i would say jackie from the darkness series, ocelot from MGS 3, and well not really sure if hes a villain but Desert Punk from the anime also titled the same.

Demi Fiend in SMT: Nocturne

Still shooting for the squeaky clean Neutral-Good ending though.

Agrael from Heroes of Might & Magic 5. He was the anti-hero of the game, but much more interesting and way smarter than the protagonist, Queen Isabel. In fact, Isabel deserves to be on the list of dumbest protagonists in gaming history, but that's a story for another time...

I would say Bowser. Poor guy is so misunderstood.

I've named a few video game villains I love in other threads. Guys like Shiva (SoR2/3), Ashtar (NG2), Magus (CT), Gill (SF3)...all stood out to me compared to the other characters in their games. Of course, you don't really have a great game without some great bad guys to go with it.

One villain that I've had a growing respect for though, who I don't think gets enough credit these days, is Andross from Starfox. The guy was SO bad that he was literally kicked off of his homeworld, and yet within just a few years afterwards, he amassed a starfleet big enough to conquer his entire solar system. In that time, he also built half a dozen enormous space stations, filled the cores of planets with weapons, created monsters that could somehow survive on the Sun, and even figured out how to enlarge his own brain to 1000x its natural size without killing himself. The guy makes Wily and Palpatine look like slackers!