• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anti-Peacock Help

Zaxophone

Reaction score
Squigly
I want to start by saying that I started playing Skullgirls about a week or two ago and I really love this game. Its my first "real" fighter so I a still working my way up the learning curve but I think I'm getting it.
I've run into a bit of a problem on online matches though. I started going into beginner lobbies to fight real people. I did NOT expect to do well, but I did hope to get better. I've hit a roadblock though and need some help.
It seems like a bunch of players gravitate to Peacock and just spam her ranged attacks, making it hard for me to get close enough to do anything. I'd say about 6 out of 10 people I've gone against use this strategy. I do think that spamming is just a repetitive strategy that you don't know how to get past yet, and I've been trying to but I'm starting to get pretty salty. Before I do any more online play I need help on how to beat this strategy. At the moment I've just taken to standing there and dying to get it over with but that isn't any fun for me (and hopefully them -_-)
How do you get through a projectile using Peacock? Am I just really unlucky in my matchups? Is there a way to avoid these players? Or is this an actual high level strategy (if so see question 1)? I really like this game but unless I can do something about this I might be done with Skullgirls :(
(I've decided I want to learn Squigley first if that effects anything)

Last edited:
Double Jump foward - (To jump over projectiles) Just be cautious because a good item drop will screw you over (try to guard too but you might end up going backwards sometimes)
Super Jump diagonal right - same as above
Command Dash (lp+mp) and then hold back (that way you advance and still guard)
Peacock isn't really hard at all if they are just using projectiles you simply jump over them and and land a good overhead during the BANG BANG BANG attack from there do some sort of combo.

Double and super jumps get past the air george attacks but a good assist like hornet bomber could do the trick too or most other assists that advance on screen for the most part.

EDIT: Also Peacock doesn't spam that just how she plays and while frustrating to play against it does takes some skill to use Peacock. Although at novice level it can seem that way at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armageddon11
Thanks, I'll give those a shot.
I don't know if this was a hugely stupid question but man was I getting frustrated. I also figured projectiles wouldn't actually be THAT good in a fighting game.
Point is, I appreciate the help. :D

If you are using squigly, could you use center stage to either space battle opera or daisy pusher to bring peacock close and punish?

I want to start by saying that I started playing Skullgirls about a week or two ago and I really love this game. Its my first "real" fighter so I a still working my way up the learning curve but I think I'm getting it.
I've run into a bit of a problem on online matches though. I started going into beginner lobbies to fight real people. I did NOT expect to do well, but I did hope to get better. I've hit a roadblock though and need some help.
It seems like a bunch of players gravitate to Peacock and just spam her ranged attacks, making it hard for me to get close enough to do anything. I'd say about 6 out of 10 people I've gone against use this strategy. I do think that spamming is just a repetitive strategy that you don't know how to get past yet, and I've been trying to but I'm starting to get pretty salty. Before I do any more online play I need help on how to beat this strategy. At the moment I've just taken to standing there and dying to get it over with but that isn't any fun for me (and hopefully them -_-)
How do you get through a projectile using Peacock? Am I just really unlucky in my matchups? Is there a way to avoid these players? Or is this an actual high level strategy (if so see question 1)? I really like this game but unless I can do something about this I might be done with Skullgirls :(
(I've decided I want to learn Squigley first if that effects anything)
You said you WANT to learn squigly first, but ARE you actually using her right now? Or was that just a thought? it doesn't help you're not being too specific.

If you use squigly, here are some good solid tips I use all the time:

1) lk+mk Battle Opera in the beginning of the round (as soon as the text goes away do the command). It not only throws off peacocks, but MANY other players regardless of ranking...although you can't abuse it because proper pushblocking can really f*** everything up. Mix it up and use it maybe once every 10 battles or so.

2) When peacock is far away from you, use sing, or better yet, center stage if you're able to get a charge off on dragon's breath (P Charge). Doing this when peacocks in the middle of doing something is basically a guaranteed reversal and free combo.

3) Since squigs is a lot slower compared to most, you'd think she'd have a hard time covering distance, but actually, her super double-jump does pretty good. And when within 1-2 character lengths, the opponent needs to watch out. It's just that peacock often likes teleporting every which-way. to throw you off. What you can do if they're teleport-happy is jump and then wait...then jump in the direction you think they'll teleport, then divekick. It auto-corrects so you should be cool-beans.

4) Level 2 silver chord is a tool a lot of squiglys don't really use raw or even bother to charge up, but it's one of my favorites because for some enemies it works incredibly well. Peacock is one. Throw it out when they're doing something and you'll pull peacock over. You MIGHT get hit by a projectile, but typically peacock will still be in stagger by the time you exit hit stun, so no worries there for the most part.

Anyways, this should help you out some, good luck. Half of it is patience to be honest. A LOT of running around is something you'll have to do, but if you get good with squigs all you need is 1 hit then you're good.

someone do one of these for parasoul, like parasoul dealing with peacock

Platformer mode.

Dash under H SoiD and HK Bomb.
Jump/Superjump over LK/MK Bombs, air movement here if you have it and the assist lane is clear.
Immediately block after any movement command input.
Always watch for assists, MP Bangs, MP SoiD, and air-to-airs if the peacock is spicy.
Always jab/projectile bad assist calls for the extra lockout.

Most importantly, pay attention to how/when they teleport and what spacing/situation triggered it. Some peacocks look to reset spacing aggressively, others will take as much space as they can to zone, some mix the two. You need to keep track of this for reads later, and even if it doesn't pay off immediately in that match/set, it's still going to help a lot to understand how a peacock thinks and how you handle the matchup.

Push block everything if you really wanna take them to the corner or want to try and punish a teleport read.

Last edited:
Zaxophone said:
At the moment I've just taken to standing there and dying to get it over with but that isn't any fun for me (and hopefully them -_-)

Jerk....