• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anywhere I can find info on the art-making process?

HaydenDavenport

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm not 100% certain, but it seems to me that the art for Skullgirls is hand drawn first, imported to a computer, then edited and recolored on the computer.

I have no idea at all on what the specifics are.

Have the Skullgirls devs ever released any information on their process, or does anyone know where I can find out more about how to efficiently turn drawings into game assets?

Thanks so much! :D

Concepts are hand-drawn on paper. The animation itself is hand-drawn, but not on animation cels. THAT'S drawn on tablets in Photoshop.

The animators and cleanup artists often stream their work at www.twitch.tv/labzero , follow them if you want to follow Eliza's development!

Thank you so much, that was incredibly helpful. :D

If you or anyone else happens to know where I might find more information on this, specifically dealing with video games, I would love it if you could share!

Thank you so much, that was incredibly helpful. :D

If you or anyone else happens to know where I might find more information on this, specifically dealing with video games, I would love it if you could share!
What do you mean by specifically dealing with video games?