• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA Arizona Desert Battles

Irontrigger

Sho_Minamimoto
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/CrowBites/
PSN
THE_GAMELESS_ONE
XBL
Chaindrive314
Trying to get a local group going for AZ players as well as get some discussion for us and some meet-up spots. I'm also planning to start a list along with mains and such to keep things organized. Casuals and the possibility of a ranbat season are on the horizon so don't be scared to chime in so we can all level up!

well I'm in phoenix and I'm interested, considering the lag I've been getting a local scene would work wonders. I know that the gaming zone in tempe, a few local gaming stores, and UAT seem to both be some places to host these events but I think we'll need at least 10 or more to turn up. I know a couple players of varying levels who also might be willing to go. we'll honestly probably get thrashed but I'm sure that we'll learn a lot if we stick with it. so I think I might be able to bring in 2-3 people

well it is an "AZ" thread so if you find more in Flag or more some here you can organize up there and carpool down for major tournaments. I've seen that happen a lot with groups in Tuscon and Flagstaff.

Reactions: Fizzxwizz
I'm based out of Ahwatukee, and plan to be hosting stuff probably somewhere around once a month. I don't have any issues with people staying late (especially because I work overnights and staying up late is my thing). The patch should be coming to consoles soon but until then, does anyone have the PC version?

I spend a bunch of time at the Gaming Zone in tempe so i could talk to them about hosting tournaments once a month or so if you guys want. I would love to have real people to play against more then once in a while.

I'm actually planning on helping run a KoF13 tournament that they're hosting in a few weeks, I don't think it'd be a stretch to add Skullgirls and have them both on the same day. Also I live about 10 minutes from the Gaming Zone which is pretty damn convenient.

I'm actually planning on helping run a KoF13 tournament that they're hosting in a few weeks, I don't think it'd be a stretch to add Skullgirls and have them both on the same day. Also I live about 10 minutes from the Gaming Zone which is pretty damn convenient.
Well if you let me know what day I would not mind heading over there. I am there about once every two weeks to talk with them about a gaming event I host every other month.

I do have a steam copy on my desktop. I am willing to lug the thing down but it does lag on some rare occaisions. Also my monitor might not be an optimal type and people will need to move the mouse around before matches start. There is a possibilty that I could borrow a better computer so I'll get back to you on that. Hopefully we can do saturdays in the future since those are days off for me, but I think I can request this one off.

Maybe I should pick up KoF13 so I'm not left out. Can I get it on xbox360?

Yeah let's pass on the desktop. If you have a laptop or something that's easily portable and consistent then that's a different story.

Also get any version of KoF13 you like, they're all basically the same, the only thing is that the PC version comes with the DLC characters...and has netplay

On pc? Comes with dlc? Sold! I can't get xbox live on my xbox so that's perfect.

Also bringing skullgirls on laptop is a distinct possibility given the circumstances I'll let you know how that turns out soon.

Edit: yeah I should have a laptp with it by then I'll make sure it's friendly to ps360 and stuff

Last edited:
Sorry but something came up so I doubt I can make it this time... let's plan another one soon hopefully (try for Saturday plz)

Last edited:
I currently live in Japan but am moving back to Phoenix in Late may. We should try to get something together for Phoenix Comicon. There was a lot of interest in the game at this year's event (I basically gave a basic systems rundown of everything like 10 times), but a side tourney would be great.

bumping this thread after a year makes me feel like a sadboy.

But it has been a year and that means Phoenix Comic Con is happening again. I'm gonna be there, so if anyone else is gonna be there too we should hook up and touch butts hang out. I know SG representation has been really lackluster the last time due to a combination of things, but if there's a problem or you guys wanna make something happen I can see about bringing a setup.

Honestly, if I'm there, I'm probably not going to be playing skullgirls, cause when it's there, its usually convention crowd people and I don't wanna mess up their first time experiencing the game.

Also AZ is free in everything that isn't smash.