• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Xbox Art Gallery freezes when you select it from Main Menu

earlfriend

Fraud
VIP
Future Club
Reaction score
Parasoul Squigly
Robo Fortune came out on 360 today, and the patch that comes with her adds Art Gallery, among other things.

Some people have reported that the game freezes when they try to open gallery from the main menu. We've so far been unable to reproduce this here, so we need as much information as we can get.

Please tell us...
  • Whether or not you're experiencing the problem!
  • What model Xbox360 you have
  • What resolution you're playing at
  • What language you're playing in
  • Whether you're playing off of a USB drive or the 360's internal hard drive
There's no way MS would have approved this patch if they'd encountered this, so we'd like to track this down.

Thanks for your help!!

Last edited:
  • Whether or not you're experiencing the problem!
  • What model Xbox360 you have
  • What resolution you're playing at
  • What language you're playing in
  • Whether you're playing off of a USB drive or the 360's internal hard drive

1.- I tried to access the art Gallery, but the screen completely freezes. I had to turn off the console to play again
2.- Model Xbox 360 S (250 GB)
3.- 720p
4.- Spanish
5.- Internal Hard Drive

1.I can do anything but view the gallery
2.Xbox 360 S (250 GB)
3.720 p
4. English
5. Internal Hard Drive

I just experienced this after beating Eliza's Story. Went to select Art Gallery in the Main Menu after the credits, game froze, had to turn off Xbox.
  • Xbox 360 S (250GB)
  • 480p? I'm using a fat old 32" JVC TV at the moment, Screen Size setting is at 95
  • English
  • Internal hard drive
I just tried going straight to Art Gallery after booting the game. It froze.

Reactions: MEGAMFIB LM
I just experienced this after beating Eliza's Story. Went to select Art Gallery in the Main Menu after the credits, game froze, had to turn off Xbox.

Same here, but mine froze twice

1st time without beating any story
2nd after beating Robo-Fortune Story mode :(

I just opened my art gallery on my xbox, and it worked normally.

Xbox 360 Slim 4gb.
English.

The game is on a 16 gb flash drive. =P

- Tried to open the art gallery after beating Robo-Fortune's story mode, at which point the console froze and I had to restart it. It froze again when I went straight to it from the main menu.
- Xbox 360 Slim (250 GB)
- 1360 x 768
- English
- Internal Hard Drive

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, everyone. We're trying to track down the cause of this. We'll update you if/when there's a fix on the way.

Just to be extra clear, this happens EVERY TIME you try to open the gallery? Or just intermittently?

We also want to know if those of you experiencing the freeze - specifically the one that forces you to reset...
  • have done system transfers from one 360 to a new one before
  • were streaming or playing music on your system when the issue occurred

Also, have any of you tried clearing your Xbox360 hard drive cache?
To clear the system cache. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
Thanks!

Last edited:
in my case, as i said, it was working, but when i clicked on the gallery sometimes, had this small freeze, that passed after i pressing the xbox home button.

Last edited:
Bump! Would one of you brave souls try deleting your savedata, or moving it so the game can't see it, and see if the gallery loads with no savedata?

So we're pretty sure we fixed this problem, and MS approved the patch that fixed it. It should be a simple Title Update instead of requiring you to re-download the Required Compatibility Update.

We're pretty sure it's out now... Can someone fire up the game on Xbox360 and let us know 1) if there was a Title Update to download and 2) if it actually fixed the issue for you?

It didn't had any update to download. :/

This patch includes the last gameplay changes made in august?

This patch includes the last gameplay changes made in august?

No, we're talking about a brand new Title Update that addresses the art gallery issue specifically. We received confirmation from Microsoft that no, it had not yet been released, but that it would be soon. So the issue will be fixed as soon as that's released.

Sorry for the delay and the confusion, everyone!

So any date or info on the gameplay changes coming to xbox 360?

So any date or info on the gameplay changes coming to xbox 360?
they are already on the xbox...

they are already on the xbox...

Really? But I must download the compatibility patch for those, right?

Really? But I must download the compatibility patch for those, right?
if you have r. fortune, you have the most recent version of the game.

if you have r. fortune, you have the most recent version of the game.
So they way I understand this is since R.Fortune came later on xbox 360, her patch included all the changes that were included in the last month patch that came in Steam and PS3?

The Xbox360 version of Skullgirls is up to date with all other platforms in terms of gameplay.

If you downloaded Robo-Fortune, but didn't re-download the Required Compatibility Update (RCU) along with it, then you should do so. (If would be really obvious if you hadn't, since there would be lots of bugs and you wouldn't have any of the DLC any more.

The new update that fixes the art gallery freezing issue will NOT require you to re-download the RCU, and will just be a Title Update that you download once you launch the game. (That is, once it gets released, which we think will be pretty soon.)

I was able to download the title update today.

WHile i didn't have problems with the art gallery, the weird stop that used to happen to open is gone.

I can see the gallery now, but I don't Know why but each time i saw the gallery, and later quit the game, my save data is damaged .-.

Anybody know why this happens?

I can see the gallery now, but I don't Know why but each time i saw the gallery, and later quit the game, my save data is damaged .-.

Anybody know why this happens?
First, X360 or xBone?
Are you suuuuuuuuuure it's related to just viewing the Gallery?
As in:
- Go change an option in the options menu, go back to main menu, wait a few minutes, quit game = save data is fine.
but
- Go visit the gallery, exit Gallery to main menu, sit on main menu for like 5 minutes, quit game = corrupted save data?
Or is it quitting from the Gallery, or what?

I can't fix it until I can see the problem here...

I play on XB360.

And yep, each time i use the gallery, tha save data gets damaged...

Today I go to the gallery, later back to main menu, quit game, and the save data was damaged... again D: