• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beginner Tips Against Ms. Fortune

Kinetic

Reaction score
Filia Peacock Valentine
Hey all, I'm a newbie to this forum and to Skullgirls. I've gotten comfortable with both Filia and Valentine and thusly use them the most. Recently, my friend (who's about my skill level) has taken to using Ms. Fortune against me and it's been a pain. I can't seem to break away once he's started wailing on me, and if I do I've taken a major beating and can't seem to close the HP gap without getting caught up in another beating.

I would like to know if there's anything I have to keep in mind or certain strategies that can help give me an edge while fighting her as Filia or Valentine.

You may wanna get a little more descriptive to help us out. The only thing I saw you mention was them using the HP, which can be either pushblocked or hit with a far reaching move to create distance (ex Cerebella Titan Knuckle will send it full screen and then some) Keep in mind that the head has a cooldown on its moves and hitting the head will eliminate that cooldown. You could also stay airborne more so that the only head move that can hit you is the sneeze, but you still have to watch out for the body.
Besides that, are they doing anything else? For instance, are they doing long blockstrings where they use the head to fill the gap in between moves to keep you locked down? Are they airdashing a lot and just doing air supers?

Hope this helps. Other more knowledgeable people feel free to chime in/correct me.

@ 1:20:20 there's a section called playing against fortune. By one the best (if not THE best) fortune player out there.

You may wanna get a little more descriptive to help us out. The only thing I saw you mention was them using the HP

I'm pretty sure he meant HP as in "health" and not the button.

In any case, check out that part in the video.

Yeah check out the guide.

1. Updo is godlike, pick this assist
2. Valentine and Filia have incredible mobility and open other characters up very easily. I'm sure your opponent has a hell of a time trying to defend as well.