• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Best way to practice pbgc?

akindhobo

derp
Reaction score
Steam
a_kind_hobo
Squigly Eliza
I play parasoul and squigly

Im always trying to pbgc into pillar but i always get it and it never comes out right (especially against cat heads can you pbgc cat heads?)

any way whats the best way to practice pbgc and how to know if you are doing it right?

I would like to know this as well.

In training mode choose cerabella as the opponent. Put your char in the corner with cera next to her. Record cera doing st HP, copter. Pb the HP and gc into pillar

so you shoudnt pbgc on the ceracopter but the move before?

Yes. When you pish block the HP you have enough time for the pillar to come out during copter.

Once you get cerecopter down, try practicing against other attacks such as CB cLK, cMP, sHP, Cerecopter and do the PBGC at different points in the combo.

I find pbgc-> pillar really easy with my square gate stick.

I usually practice PBGC against Dynamo in the corner. For me charge moves (Pillar) and QC moves (Squigly Daisy) is easier to do than DP motions.

I usually practice PBGC against Dynamo in the corner. For me charge moves (Pillar) and QC moves (Squigly Daisy) is easier to do than DP motions.

Yea but, the timing is different based on how much block stun you're put in.
So you kinda just have to get a feel for your chars' pushblock animations

I'm pretty sure that the timing is always the same while in a block string.

go pbgc dynamo, then try pbgcing cat heads. Your push block animation is a lot longer

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
...especially against cat heads can you pbgc cat heads?

any way whats the best way to practice pbgc and how to know if you are doing it right?

Set a training dummy to playback recordings of any of the following moves and IMMEDIATELY hold down/back for a few seconds after you input the move so that your dummy is blocking ASAP after the recorded move:

• Filia c.MK
  • Filia Hairball
  • Painwheel c.MP
  • Painwheel st.MK
  • Bella Dynamo
  • Bella Cerecopter
See what happens when you pushblock different hits of a move, see what happens when you use true invulnerable moves or supers/hitstop.