• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Big Band Big Band palette inconsistencies

zeknife

Reaction score
Steam
zeknife
Parasoul Squigly Big Band
There seem to be a bunch of inconsistencies in the effect colours of several (most?) big band palettes
Here are my observations
2: Placeholder pink on ssj effect
5: Placeholder pink on primary (non-ssj) effects
6: I can't tell if this is the same hue as the placeholder pink (the ssj effect certainly isn't) but I looked up the source character (Big Zam from Gundam Battle Assault 2) and that doesn't seem to have any pink effects
11: Default orange ssj effect, others bright yellow
12: Default orange ssj effect, others light-blue
13: Default orange ssj effect, others light-blue
14: Default orange ssj effect, others pale blue/purpleish/gray
15: Default orange ssj effect, others pale red
16: Default yellow non-ssj effects, ssj effect blue
18: Default orange ssj effect, others pink
19: Default orange ssj effect, others grey
20: Default yellow non-ssj effects, ssj effect white

Additionally:
Palettes 3 and 22 seem to have the default orange ssj effect as well, but it's close enough to their other effects to not seem obviously unintended

The most urgent ones are probably 2, 5, and maybe 6 unless that's supposed to be pink
But even the rest stand out with their ssj effect (or primary effects in the case of 16 and 20) not matching nearly as well as, for example, 4, 9, 17, or 21

Who do I @ about this

To elaborate on Big Zam, it seems to have blue effects with yellow/orange lasers in this video which was the first thing I found

Big Band doesn't have any lasers though.

I'm totally lost on what's even being talked about
cG7jFIhl.jpg

Compare with
2imumjTl.jpg

This is the placeholder Squigly pink that was initially present on all Big Band effects

To elaborate on Big Zam, it seems to have blue effects with yellow/orange lasers in this video which was the first thing I found

Big Band doesn't have any lasers though.

Minor note, Big Zam's super in that game is actually a pink laser.

Also I'm not sure I understand what the issue is? Don't other characters already have palettized effects that change between palettes? Like Parasoul Flames and Eliza's blood; I just figured it made sense other things changed with colors too.

Minor note, Big Zam's super in that game is actually a pink laser.

Also I'm not sure I understand what the issue is? Don't other characters already have palettized effects that change between palettes? Like Parasoul Flames and Eliza's blood; I just figured it made sense other things changed with colors too.
This would be like Parasouls tiers being blue but the flames on Parasouls attacks being pink.

The effects are different and inconsistent depending on the move you use.

I don't personally have an issue with the way I designed these, aside from probably 2p (which I admittedly probably forgot to change).
During the time, I was not exactly having a ball working on these effects colors, and we had two effects colors for a poor reason. It was surprisingly hard to try to coordinate the effects.
I'll try to fix these, but it's not a priority, since I have about 50 more palettes to make.

EDIT: Nevermind, I pasted some values over others, so there should be more consistency now.
Also, some of the ones defined as default yellow or orange are actually different, and I consciously made those design choices, so they won't be changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Peck
I have about 50 more palettes to make.
There are (about) 50 more palettes?

I don't personally have an issue with the way I designed these, aside from probably 2p (which I admittedly probably forgot to change).
During the time, I was not exactly having a ball working on these effects colors, and we had two effects colors for a poor reason. It was surprisingly hard to try to coordinate the effects.
I'll try to fix these, but it's not a priority, since I have about 50 more palettes to make.

EDIT: Nevermind, I pasted some values over others, so there should be more consistency now.
Also, some of the ones defined as default yellow or orange are actually different, and I consciously made those design choices, so they won't be changed.
Excellent, thanks for taking the time

Palette #5 (primary effect colour) still looks strange to me
krehoJDl.jpg

Compared to its SSJ effect which seems a lot more appropriate
ksXi8nIl.jpg

I will concede if this is intended, though.