• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Big Band trade off glitch

flameKing

Whenever Big Band's Beat Extend trades off with a character (I've only tried Double's j.HP) the other character will just hang in the air for a while.

Do not change this.

To actually be useful: It's because that move (along with cymbal clash and giant step) cause sound stun, which freezes the opponent in places for a bit (which is called hitstop). You probably knew some/all of that already, but the freeze does not apply to BB. When it trades, the opponent is still frozen in soundstun

That's because Beat Extend applies Sound Stun (Big Band's special attribute of certain moves causing very increased hitstun), so when it trades, Band gets normal hitstun (unless he traded with a Sound Stun attack from another Band) while the other character gets Sound Stunned.

wouldn't call glitch
it's just his sound stun, but since the hitstun from the other character is faster than the recovery of the move itself, it looks like this.

I guess if you think of it as trading with a move that paralyzes you or freezes you in ice if you touch it, it makes more sense, since the Sound 'Stuns' you :>

BB only spends sound stun if you shake Beat Extend though. This is just trading with a hit that has a lot of hitstun so this looks to be fine.

that's not true. he DOES use sound stun on that hit no shaking required.

Remember when it didn't have soundstun? links were very difficult from beat extend without it.

ALSO soundstun use is indicated by musical notes around the attack (which just so happens to be the taunt confirmation) I believe soundstun is about 30 or so frames (I'm not too sure on this) and the last hit of beat extend is the soundstun hit

Just thought I'd clear any confusion. Maybe I made more confusion I dunno

Last edited:
Back