• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Black Screen On Startup When I Tried To Go FullScreen

JadePharaoh

Reaction score
Steam
JadePharaoh
PSN
JadePharaoh
Eliza Squigly Valentine
Hi. I haven't been around in awhile. But I'm having a problem when starting up the PC version now. I tried to go to Fullscreen, but when I tried to, the screen went black instead. Apparently the monitor wasn't compatible with the resolution I selected; but now I couldn't see anything to try another setting. So I had to restart the computer. I tried starting the game up again, and now it seems to have saved the resolution settings so I'm still forced to navigate the menus with a totally blank screen. Is there any way to reset it to the way it was before?

Have you tried hitting F11 to toggle fullscreen/windowed?

I did. It doesn't seem to want to respond to input at all. I can hear it doing something when I press buttons on the controller for a moment, but after that, even that doesn't do anything either. I even tried deleting my local data from Steam and reinstalling the game, and even that didn't fix it...

I fixed it :PUN:

All I had to do was delete the "Video Settings" file in the game's folder and that reset it.