• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Button Dash Toggle

ElkyDori

No Quarter
Reaction score
Steam
Elky Dori
PSN
ElkyDori
Painwheel Cerebella
I never use button dashing on purpose. Since double-tap dashing is almost universal across games, I use that to keep consistent muscle memory.

Can a toggle for button dashing be put in the button config for the portion of us who don't use it?

That would be unfair because you'd never get accidental backdashes when you try to pushblock

Ixnay on the ccidentalay ackdashesbay.

For fairness, how about punches for pushblock and kicks for button dashing? Legs, dashing, kicks, 'naw mean?

I agree with Dagwood.

I'm agreeing with Dagwood too, the more I think about it.

What do you think about making button dashing input done with kicks instead of punches?

For fairness, how about punches for pushblock and kicks for button dashing? Legs, dashing, kicks, 'naw mean?
That would be unfair because you'd never get accidental backdashes when you bait pushblock
I guess you don't like getting baited into dashing.

Last edited:
Does anyone?

Being baited into a move you intended to > being baited into a move you didn't intend to do. With all the other different types of baits in the game, should we keep this?

I understand button inputs for airdashing in SG, but on the ground not so much. IIRC the characters who can wavedash have a run anyway.

Pushblock baiting is one of the best parts of this game,

I want it to stay, please.

Yes, it amuses me greatly when someone tricks me into doing something he wanted me to do. Have you played 3rd Strike?

Pushblock baiting is one of the best parts of this game,

I want it to stay, please.
Pushblock baiting I like. You get them to pushblock at the wrong time and they don't get the push or pbgc opportunity they were looking for. They did what they intended to do, but you sniffed it out and get rewarded for it.

With all the other different types of baits in the game, should we keep this?
Pushblock baiting I like. You get them to pushblock at the wrong time and they don't get the push or pbgc opportunity
you sniffed it out and get rewarded for it.
Okay what is going on here. Do you like it or not.

Push block baiting works because of the backdash. If we remove the button dash instead you get LP or MP (Which usually beats pushblock baits!)
So I think it should stay how it is. I double tap to dash too.

Also this thread has shown up quiet a few times and the answer is always the same.

I don't know what to say about this.

On one end, I would like it to be kept the way it is because it's a bad guess, so it's your fault. If it were to be removed people will just mash both punches until they either hit you or pushblock you.

On the other end, I have gotten punished so many times for trying to guess an attack. I just wanted to get out of the corner. :(

I was about to make a suggestion saying crouching should not give you the button dash. But I tested if that already exist, and it does. So just fish out pushblocks while crouching I guess. Sure, half the time you'll probably get instant overheaded, but at least it's a possibility.

Okay what is going on here. Do you like it or not.

Push block baiting works because of the backdash. If we remove the button dash instead you get LP or MP (Which usually beats pushblock baits!)
So I think it should stay how it is. I double tap to dash too.

Also this thread has shown up quiet a few times and the answer is always the same.
There's backdash baiting and pushblock baiting. Pushblock baiting meaning getting them to spend their pushblock on the wrong hit and robbing them of the actual push effect which allows you to continue your pressure. Or, if you're really good, a full-on PBGC bait.

You are not making up a new definition for a concept that existed 10+ years.

Pushblock baiting is making someone input pushblock at the wrong time. It doesn't matter if they get a backdash or pushblock your move at the wrong hit, they hit pushblock at a bad time for them which is what you were wanting them to do.

Reactions: Tomo009