• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Certain attacks unresponsive for both keyboard and controller

ninjamunky

Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased this game today and I'm having problems with some of the controls. Specifically, LK and MP never work in game, although LK works perfectly fine in the menus. Curiously, this problem doesn't only occur with my keyboard; I encountered the same issue with every controller I tried (gamecube controller and some old logitech controller). This is a weird issue that I never had with any other PC game, ever. I'm using the most up to date drivers available, and I'm running Windows 7. I will provide more information if necessary.

did you go through input config in options? What you think are LK/MP might not be what the game thinks are LK/MP. By default LP and LK do the same thing on menus. If you've manually bound all the controls in Skullgirls options then it's probably a hardware issue.

Did you set it in button config?

Did you set it in button config?

Umm obviously he did because he said they worked on the menu screens.

Umm obviously he did because he said they worked on the menu screens.

I don't have button config set up for keyboard on my computer, I only bound buttons for controller. I can go in and use the default keyboard controls on the menu without having to set those buttons. In game however they might not work.

did you go through input config in options? What you think are LK/MP might not be what the game thinks are LK/MP. By default LP and LK do the same thing on menus. If you've manually bound all the controls in Skullgirls options then it's probably a hardware issue.

yes I did config all the controls in settings. I tried creating a solution by assigning the macros to LK and MP, and although the macros clearly show that they are assigned to those attacks, they don't actually do anything during gameplay, just like before.

Wait so if lets say button 1 and 2 are set lp and mk and dont work, setting button 1 and 2 to hp and hk will work? And whatever button you make lp and mk stop working?

Wait so if lets say button 1 and 2 are set lp and mk and dont work, setting button 1 and 2 to hp and hk will work? And whatever button you make lp and mk stop working?
Yeah that's basically how it is.

Yeah I've been seeing more and more people complain of this problem since the free weekend occurred. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Im having the same problem, the two attacks that dont work in game are MP and LK

I just wanna use joy2key so i can use my stick mann :c

keyboard is razor blackwidow ultimate, though i dont think my keyboard is the problem

I've been playing with a keyboard for quite awhile and haven't noticed this issue.

OK, I have a bit to look at this.

What buttons does it say are mapped to those attacks?
Can you post a screenshot of your button config screen once it's set up the way you'd like it?

[edit]You said you (want to) have joy2key. Wanna try uninstalling/disabling joy2key or vjoy if you have those, just for completeness? AND in Steam try adding the launch option "-vjoyfix", without the quotes.

Didn't this problem have something to do with right stick assists?

Try turning them off in controls, see it if helps. (or if they're off, try turning them on?)

Didn't this problem have something to do with right stick assists?

Try turning them off in controls, see it if helps. (or if they're off, try turning them on?)

I love you, this was the problem
what even is right stick assists? Is that controller specific for the right stick?(best guess)

I love you, this was the problem
what even is right stick assists? Is that controller specific for the right stick?(best guess)
Right stick assists = up on right stick calls A1, down calls A2 (or backward I never remember).
This actually means -vjoyfix would probably also fix the problem...because what it means is that your controller driver is wrongly reporting the POV hats for your stick as having values when they do not exist.

turning off right stick assist solved the problem... I overlooked this option before because I figured it only had to do with controllers, not keyboards. Thanks for the help guys!