• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Character Select Option

DarkAngelRafael

Skullharbinger
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Steam
DarkAngelRafael
PSN
fadingshadow
Valentine Parasoul
I wasn't sure where to post a "Suggestions" thread and if there is one please refer me to it. But I've noticed when losing in Arcade mode there's no option to go back to Character Select. It's just "Try Again" or "Give up" but no "Change Character" option so I feel it's sorta strange it isn't there considering most fighting games have this option.

Another suggestion is the restrictive frequency of fighters that can appear in arcade mode because I often find myself fighting the exact same character 2-3 times in a row! With 8 Skullgirls or 9 if you include Squigly you would think there be more variety when Skullgirls randomly generates an opponent for you in Arcade mode.

Lastly I believe Versus mode should include a Player 1 vs CPU and even CPU vs CPU just for kicks. Sometimes I simply don't want to play random bouts in Arcade mode and I just want to fight a specific Skullgirl but can't because there's no Player 1 vs CPU option in Versus mode. As I've mentioned earlier if there's a proper place where I can post suggestions for improvements in Skullgirls then please inform and direct me to it.

I agree with all of the suggestions. Being unable to continue as a different character in Arcade Mode? Most players probably stick with the characters that they initially chose. For now, I think you can go to Training Mode, choose which character you'd like to practice against and enable deaths.

According to the TV Tropes article, the playable characters are not Skullgirls. The only character I know who's actually a Skullgirl is Marie.

I agree with all of the suggestions. Being unable to continue as a different character in Arcade Mode? Most players probably stick with the characters that they initially chose. For now, I think you can go to Training Mode, choose which character you'd like to practice against and enable deaths.

According to the TV Tropes article, the playable characters are not Skullgirls. The only character I know who's actually a Skullgirl is Marie.
Thanks for agreeing with me and yeah I know Marie is the only Skullgirl since she possesses the Skull heart but didn't know what else to call the rest of the fighters. lol

Reactions: Candra Software
I 2nd these issues and they should be resolved. *nods*
The game is still great without these features but the team at Lab Zero is always improving the game and listening to fan input so I figured I'd share my suggestions for improvement. There's always room for improvement.

Agreed, once all the major assets have been made little things like these help make the game better someday there will be so much to this game we'd have to look real hard to find anything missing, at lest that's what I hope someday ^^

I would like to see a Character preset option. Basically with it you could pick your palettes and assists without going through all the options. It takes me like 20 seconds to pick my palette and assists. (Probably won't happen but it'd be cool)