• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Characters with the best mixups?

Baiko

So much to learn all at once
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Steam
KonKossKang (Swim killer?)
PSN
Kashground (2009-2012)
Unknown Unknown Painwheel
I dont really have a main team since i like all the characters playstyles but which 3 people are the best for pressure and resets?

Also what will i have to practice to be able to stand a chance on the harder difficulties in this game?i want to be able to do at least hard mode while keeping all 3 characters alive if possible at my current skill level.

Filia
Fortune
Val or Painwheel

Before hit, up close: filia, double with catheads, painwheel, Bella, val...

After hit, via a reset mixup: painwheel. Though every character has solid reset mixups.

Every character has good mixups with the exception of maybe big band. The difference is where those mixups can come from, how fast they are versus how fluid they are and what the character needs to be able to get off their mixups as well as if they have a good midscreen throw game.

Its Filia and Painwheel, no question. Their high/low game is faster than everyone else.

How is Painwheels High/Low game fast? Fly takes 15f + 9f j.LK = 24f overhead?

Jumpin j.hk or some other attack, land into cr.lk.
Jumpin j.hk or some other attack xx air flight, df + j.lk

19 frame overhead from a viable high/low and also with an option for crossup and substitutes as a ridiculously good frame trap against those that like to pushblock late against painwheels multihit jump attacks.

Filia, Fortune, and Parasoul.

In Order:
Filia
Valentine
My Parasoul
Painwheel
Parasoul

How do you get to 19f
I just wrote that it's 24?

And you can't pushblock when you're getting hit

It's just another instance of your frame fighter not working vulpes.
Though I can throw you this bone.

Pw flight from ground: 15 frames.

Pw flight from air: 10 frames.

And this is why we don't use frame fighter to explain everything. Because people get their numbers wrong or don't know some obscure bit of data and try to sound smart and end up putting bad info out there.

It isn't a big deal in the scheme of things by any means, but it IS a big deal when people try to quote things to make themselves sound smart and... Get it wrong and spread bad info at the same time.

As far as not being able to pushblock when getting hit... I don't see how that brings relevance to your argument. I stated painwheel had good mixups from block and hit....

Reactions: IsaVulpes
Can everyone that lists Parasoul teach me those secrets

F+lp, cr.mk, st.hp

F+lp, cr.mk, b+hk xx cancel man

Cr.lk, b+hk xx cancel man

Cr.lk, back throw

That's a high from the first, second or third hits... So basically anywhere. And a throw into full combo from a tick.

I don't see how that isn't good mixups.

Reactions: Zombies8MyLeg
Uhh IMO It would be:
Filia
Ms. Fortune
My Parasoul
Val
Painwheel
Double (catheads)
Cerebella
Squigly
Double (character)
Big Band

Every character has good resets. There are just some characters people have neglected to discover with.

Reactions: Hilary and SonicFox
i have decent knowledge of the whole cast but still.

for some reason i can do mixups the best with painwheel,parasoul and either cerebella or peacock.

for zoning i use squiggly and double.

for rushdown it'll be cerebella double and fortune.

defense, would be either a solo painwheel or peacock/filia combo.

How is Painwheels High/Low game fast? Fly takes 15f + 9f j.LK = 24f overhead?

Frame data aside, watching Painwheel while there's assists and shit going on is bad for your eyes.

I'd rather put a copy of King Lear on a hill three miles away and read it with a telescope than watch for c.LK/j.LK ground/flight mixups for any extended period of time.

Reactions: ClarenceMage