• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Computer Crashes on first start

apelogic

Reaction score
Steam
ApeLogic
Hopefully someone can help.

I bought the game recently and the game crashes my system every time I try to start it. It always seems to start the game in a small window, it sometimes gets as far as playing the intro and then crashes my computer. On reboot, I check the system logs and find Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 bd1e41dd, parameter3 a913faf4, parameter4 00000000.

I searched around, but could not find an error/solution that seemed to match my situation. I am not using any specific usb devices other than keyboard and mouse. I don't have any language packages installed.

I'm running Windows XP AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.4Ghz with 3Gb Ram, NVIDIA GeForce 7950GT 512MB vRam. My system is somewhat old, but I really don't have much problem running any other game.

One thing that immediately come to mind is antivirus software doing something crazy. I've heard of some of the larger ones like Norton and Symantec causing issues like that, so if you're running AV try temporarily disabling it and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I tried disabling avast but it didn't seem to help. Computer still crashed.