• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Consistent dash crouch cancelling

KuroOneHalf

Artist & summer addict
Reaction score
Steam
Kuroonehalf
Eliza Filia Cerebella
I noticed a quirk with characters that have a run/slide as their forward dash (Eliza, BB, Ms.Fortune, maybe more?) in which if you don't return the directional input to neutral after dashing you won't be able to cancel the dash into a crouch, and your character will keep running until that animation ends. I'd really appreciate a way to buffer this instead of having to return to neutral before being able to crouch cancel, as I feel it's kind of janky like this.

Here's a quick video I recorded of this quirk in action -

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not so I'm putting it in this forum section, but if it is I'd like to know the reasoning behind it.

ps: While at it, here's another unrelated suggestion that I feel doesn't warrant a thread: if you could make it so the mouse cursor auto-hides after a couple seconds of being idle on top of the game window that'd be great.

This means they can block low while dashing though
Which is pretty good

Oh, you're right, I hadn't noticed that. That does make it much more reasonable.

Still, there's scenarios in which right after dashing forward I want to reverse my decision, but instead my character will just keep dashing forward like a goofball. But I guess the current way it works makes more sense as it allows for both options to work, whereas if it worked as I suggested you could no longer instantly cancel into a block while moving forward.

Fair enough. I guess the mods can do away with this thread.