• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Controller options->game mismatch

Drinkybird

Reaction score
Valentine
After configuring my controller in the game settings and pressing accept, the actual buttons I press in-game do not correspond to the options I set. I confirmed that my controller is working fine (details in the next paragraph), and the buttons I press only function correctly while in the options menu. In-game, my A button performs a heavy kick and I set it to light kick; my B button does nothing and I set it to medium kick; my left shoulder does nothing and I set it to heavy kick. The strange part is that when I set macros in the options menu, they work just fine. The configurations I map work correctly for inputting the macro, but then I get into game and nothing corresponds.

The proof that my controller is working correctly: in the Windows 7 control panel, I open configuration for game settings on my controller (XBox 360 Onza). I press the buttons on my controller and see what lights up on the panel (button 1, etc.). In the Skullgirls options, I map a button to a move such as X->LP and confirm that the button matches the button displayed by my control panel. Yes, this all works fine.

In a semi-similar thread, it was suggested to make sure a series of Windows services were running. I'm running all of those services. I've rebooted, replugged in the controller, deleted the settings file, and completely reinstalled the game. I made sure my settings were for player 1 and that my controller was connected to player 1 in the main menu. My controller is plug-and-play and functions correctly in all other games and the control panel, so this is definitely some type of issue with Skullgirls.

Sending an email to bugreport@labzerogames(dot)com might get you a faster response.

Didn't know about that - I'll give it a try, thanks.