• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Could the IPS/Undizzy Hitsparks change color when bursting becomes safe?

Cool Gary

Reaction score
Steam
Gary
Squigly Double
My request is: can the hitsparks letting you know its burstable CHANGE COLOR when the 90 frames have passed, making the combo burst safe? From green to red if it was an undizzy burst, and from red to green if it was an IPS burst? This way I think there can be an obvious in game tell that doesn't require any new art assets.

Sorry if this has been requested before! I didn't see it on the first page of the request forum and it looks like that goes back to like july

i have no idea how difficult this would be to implement. if it turns out to be something quick i think it'd be worth a shot!

Reactions: ClarenceMage
Or, from either red or green, to blue?

I don't understand this. The 90 frames for the undizzy to decay only applies once the opponent is out of the combo as undizzy does not decay as long as they are in hit stun (i.e. in the combo).

I don't understand this. The 90 frames for the undizzy to decay only applies once the opponent is out of the combo as undizzy does not decay as long as they are in hit stun (i.e. in the combo).
If you continue a combo after it is Undizzy/IPS-burstable, you are on a 90f timer.
After those 90f, the opponent can always burst and it will act as if he had hit something (he can block instantly after the invinc runs out), even if it didn't.

This is to prevent pseudo-infinites which trigger Ud/IPS but permanently stay out of bursting range (which means you can burst, but every time it is going to be a "burstbait" and you'll just end up getting punished).
This is an example string, but "very poorly made" - it *is* burstable in places, and obviously ends, just to give an idea.
There was some Peacock-on-cornered-Valentine combo with s.MK > jump up > far reaching buttons (jMP, jHP) which could be repeated infinitely and wasn't burstable anywhere.

OP requests to make that 90f timer visible by some means (I prefer the "switch to Blue/Purple Sparks" suggestion), as it's kinda awful if you're stuck in an infinite like that and happen to burst after 88f.

I'd add the request to drastically shorten said timer to 45f(?), since there's really no reasonable burstbait which goes over this~

Reactions: d3v
You can't do the Red-to-Green suggestion since IPS burst changes to Undizzy burst once Undizzy limit is reached.

Either way, it would have to take into account color blindness.