• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dealing with Painwheel resets

erkicman

I'm the MASTER of non-arguments
Reaction score
Steam
erkicman87
Parasoul Robo Fortune Beowulf
Hey, finally get to post on this forum.

One of my biggest hangups is dealing with Painwheel's scrubbuster resets in the corner. Any hints as to what I should look for in her strings to tell when I'm gonna be reset? I can't really tell on my own right now. Let me know if you need me to be more specific, I don't actually know the inputs at this time.

All i can tell you is if you use a character with a dp(something with invicibility/good anti air) to do it after the second hit because all they're going to do after is either a throw or a high jump. Try not to use it too much as a get out of jail free card because it can be baited and you'll get hurt badly

i do resets alot with painwheel and from the matches ive lost the other guys pushblock and read my moves.If you see a painwheel flying towards you, free hit but you gotta be quick about it.painwheel's biggest problem is a person who knows how to pushblock key hits.

if you see a painwheel dashing, go in with mixups.if you see ANY moment the painwheel user stops moving take advantage of it, some people actually stop moving if you teabag the ground and leave themselves wide open for a 50 hit, do not fall for dan tactics either.
If a fairly aggressive PW player gets in on you read the usual movements and counter accordingly.

Some can even dodge projectiles with flight easily so make sure you time your hits carefully.