• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Does anyone do stunt doubles?

blueberrymilk

lurker of threads
Reaction score
PSN
blueberrymilk (if that doesnt work try 2 k's)
Filia Parasoul Fukua
Is it just a waste of meter/time to do them or something, 'cause I never see anyone really do them in matches. I only remember seeing MikeZ doing it once or twice against...(I can't remember, sorry). So yeah, anyone?

I use them and I've found that a good bit of players don't expect it. ;)

Yes, it's an important move. You need to use it for doublesnaps and also if the other person tagged out their low hp character and you want them back in.

Don't use it for no reason though.

I would say they're only for when you want to deal with an annoying character now, so you put them in. Or when you just don't want to deal with someone. It's also handy, because you can grab the foe while they tag in.

which ones are outtakes again? they are the snapbacks right?

if thats the case then you will find that most if not all intermediate and above players will use them, particlularly when you catch the assist and the point in the same combo since its basically a ftree kill.

LOL I did it again! I didn't mean outtakes, people. I meant STUNT DOUBLES! My sister corrected me; I apologize for my ignorance.

LOL I did it again! I didn't mean outtakes, people. I meant STUNT DOUBLES! My sister corrected me; I apologize for my ignorance.
I think that's pretty useless. I mean, you're gonna need a good assist. Like one with either invincibility or armor.
And the timing is pretty strict too.

Dude. Stunt Doubles are freakin' amazing. It's a really good option in the right situation since it not only completely alleviates you from the opponents offensive pressure, but provides you with a possible combo opportunity. Pick Heavy LnL as your assist and Stunt Double directly into Ultimate Showstopper. It's the most amazing thing in the world.

Just remember that it's situationally useful. You'll need the right assist, not to mention you can't just Stunt Double at any time. You have to really be paying attention to what your opponent is doing. Unless you just wanna SD right into USS like I said, cuz that's both easy and effective.

Last edited:
Pick Heavy Titan Knuckle as your assist and Stunt Double directly into Ultimate Showstopper. It's the most amazing thing in the world.
You mean heavy LnL yeah? Since it has the armor and all

You mean heavy LnL yeah? Since it has the armor and all

Yes, yes I do mean LnL. Thanks for noticing :)

I'll go ahead and correct that...

Inuchiyo was using painwheel Fly assist as a stunt double at evo last year during salty suite....

Had to look up the term "stunt double." :)
Everyone refers to it as Alpha Counter.

I think about using them but then I forget they exist

They are an important tool to have mastery of. You obviously won't be using them left and right, but you better believe they're helpful.

Yeah, it's a good option but personally I keep forgetting it's there. It would probably save my ass a lot if I remembered.

Last edited:
I use outtakes as well, especially when the point character and the assist character are against the wall. Then, I go in for the kill.

They're apparently quite useful, though very sparsely used. I remember getting destroyed pretty badly by a guy who used them in his game, partly due to the fact that I always forget that they exist.

Is it just a waste of meter/time to do them or something, 'cause I never see anyone really do them in matches. I only remember seeing MikeZ doing it once or twice against...(I can't remember, sorry). So yeah, anyone?

I use them and I've found that a good bit of players don't expect it. ;)
have you heard of a double snap before? they are really good when you want to kill a pesky assist and the opponent makes a bad call, demonstrated as so

The title needs to change since OP meant alpha counter aka "stunt doubles" instead of snap backs.