• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dokapon Kingdom

Gahooglydonks

daring baby
Reaction score
Steam
Gahooglydonks
Peacock Painwheel Filia
hello friends do you know what Dokapon Kingdom is?

it is THE SHIT.

So what you have is a really simple board game thing going on. The whole game is a brutal free-for-all that always ends in bloodshed.

First, you create your character! Give him/her a name, job, and color. Pretty basic.

Then, you have your overworld map set up as the game board, and you do battles with either monsters or other players, following a rock-paper-scissor mechanic. You level up and allocate stats like a typical RPG.

There are a bunch of different modes, where the goal is to either gain the most money, kill the other players, etc. Most of the time, you will be doing your best to screw up your "friends'" game and using their heads as stepping stones to glory. You can battle and kill them, take their money, change their name to "Buttlicker", change their hairstyle to look like poop, (yeah pretty much ruin their lives).

It's a pretty fun game, but it is LONG. I actually haven't finished a game myself, with and without friends. But it is a lot more fun with friends who are willing to play through the whole thing with you.

There's also a DS version called "Dokapon Jouney" . It's exactly the same thing, but I prefer the console version. You can get either online, but I managed to find Dokapon Kingdom at Gamestop a few days ago, and I'm having a blast with it.

Imagine mixing Mario Party and a way-too-generic JRPG and you have the perfect friend destroyer. Has anyone else experienced the wondrous essence of the Dokey-Pokey?

Last edited:
No. But please, enlighten me about this game.

I saw Game Grumps play it.
But other than that, never heard of it.
It looks ridiculously long.
And very friend destroyish.

I've played a bit of it at a friends place. The basic idea is that you are trying to beat your friends by getting rich and screwing your friends/opponents over in the most evil of ways.

In terms of the Mario Party comparison, its basically JRPG Mario Party with minigames replaced by psuedo Rock-Paper-Scissors turn-based combat (usually against CPUs, but I believe you could fight other players too, if I'm not mistaken), and a heavier focus on pissing everyone off.

Yes, this game is focused on allowing you to piss everyone off MORESO than Mario Party. Let that sink in.

The one problem with the game is that Dokapon Kingdom takes a LOOOOOOOOOONG time. I have never been able to finish a playthrough as of yet.

Err, well here's the beginning of a playthrough of dokapon kingdom (it takes quite a while to play through one game)

This is a Wii game? Darn, my Wii broke.

well there's the option of having it on PS2 and DS

but looking at it now, things are pretty expensive; i got it only kinda cheap from GS, and you know how their pricing goes...

i mean, you could resort to -------- ... (that's how i actually got into Dokapon Journey first :0)

Fuck this game!

That is all.