• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double's lvl 3 happy birthday - Big Band doesn't die

That's an unfortunate side effect of cinematic supers not killing before the last hit. If you are at 1 health, you will be kept at 1 health until the last hit deals the 1 damage (think about the damage numbers if the second to last hit of Fenrir Drive would normally kill... it deals the remaining health - 1, so that the last hit deals the 1).

If they fall out before the final kick (which a point character will not), then they stay at 1 health.

Looks like they just need to go back and fix BB's physics for that. He shouldn't be falling out in the first place.
Before writing this I was thinking well, I can't think of another game that has that kind of coding and it is a little ridiculous to have that happen, but then you get unsatisfying kills like Level 1 Supers in Marvel 3 if supers are able kill at any point.

Reactions: Candra Software
Looks like they just need to go back and fix BB's physics for that. He shouldn't be falling out in the first place.
Before writing this I was thinking well, I can't think of another game that has that kind of coding and it is a little ridiculous to have that happen, but then you get unsatisfying kills like Level 1 Supers in Marvel 3 if supers are able kill at any point.
All the older Capcom games have this ability (not to kill you except on the final hit of things) because they weren't written by people that had never made a fighting game before you can find a ton of supers in MvC2, XSF, Third Strike, etc that work this way, as well as the KOFs, Guilty Gear...
As a specific example, Rogue's super in MvC2 will hit both characters up until the kiss and not kill an assist. So will a lot of others, but that's the easiest example.

Big Band falls out because he is a different weight than Filia, and thus goes a different height, and Double tracks the point character so yeah she's not gonna hit both. It happens to characters that aren't Big Band also.

All the older Capcom games have this ability (not to kill you except on the final hit of things) because they weren't written by people that had never made a fighting game before you can find a ton of supers in MvC2, XSF, Third Strike, etc that work this way, as well as the KOFs, Guilty Gear...
As a specific example, Rogue's super in MvC2 will hit both characters up until the kiss and not kill an assist. So will a lot of others, but that's the easiest example.

Big Band falls out because he is a different weight than Filia, and thus goes a different height, and Double tracks the point character so yeah she's not gonna hit both. It happens to characters that aren't Big Band also.

Why doesn't it just kill the assist when it's hitting them and they're at minimum health. It tracks the point, so why would it matter?

It's not a bad idea but people will still complain they fall out but I can try it.

Big Band's Big Butt