• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Downs remaining health suggestion

pwMaC84

Reaction score
PSN
MyleX_MaD
Painwheel
Instead of that god-awful "leave the winner's health bar like it is for the start of the 2nd round." Lets review on ideas like the "tug of war" health bars like on (I think it was) World Heroes 2. Lets hear (read) some ideas.

Don't want to argue with your opinion, but Darkstalkers, Killer Instinct and Injustice, the games that use a similar health bar system in solo SG matches, are still more popular compared to World Heroes 2.

Anyway, I don't mind the idea of Winner's health bar being restored during Round 2 or 3, but I usually play teams.

Reactions: pwMaC84
Winner's health bar going back to full just means it's rounds instead of downs, which is how it worked before.

The point of downs is so that solos act more like how team match-ups work.

When you kill a character on a team, the rest of the team doesn't get their health back.

Pfft. Why should we change downs? The only thing that needs to change is a special win text if you still have some of your first lifebar when you win.

Downs mean you have a max of two health bars. Refilling like in rounds means you have a max of three healthbars, aka it slows the 1v1 game considerably.

I could maybe see a slight health regain. Like you get back any red health maybe, or just get a standard "+15% health" or some junk. But it's kinda unnecessary. You are already up on your opponent, the game doesn't need to make you more up.

Thanks for your input, I see all of your points.

I could maybe see a slight health regain. Like you get back any red health maybe, or just get a standard "+15% health" or some junk. But it's kinda unnecessary. You are already up on your opponent, the game doesn't need to make you more up.
More or less this, though I'd avoid the +15% simply because whatever number gets chosen will just become a matter of debate. Instead, I'd make it so that there's a minimum amount of health (say, 20-25%), and if you win a round with less than that amount you get healed back to that point. But I agree that it's not really an important change.

IMO, leave alone.

If you just want to name ideas, make it based on the time remaining like KoF.

Downs are fine as is.
Keeps the 1 vs 1 fight (rare,but they happen) momentum going that doesn't ruin the immersion when a health bar depletes while at the same time speeding up the process compared to any team related match.

So far no need has surfaced for health being regained after a down. Increasing health would be counter-productive to the purpose of the downs to begin with.

So far no need has surfaced for health being regained after a down. Increasing health would be counter-productive to the purpose of the downs to begin with.
I agree. The only reason I can think health regen would be useful would be if round 1 was very close then round 2 is normally pointlessly short, which is why I suggested having a minimum HP. But it's debatable if that's even a problem to begin with.