• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fan game that'll never exist: Blazing Apocalypse

killercore007

Reaction score
Steam
killercore0007
PSN
killercore007
Ms. Fortune Big Band
It used to be Wildfire but that name was taken so...

Anyways, Blazing Apocalypse is a FPS/TPS firefighting game. The story starts with you starting your first time as a forest firefighter(after tutorials of course) going to a reported blaze in an area of said forest. At first, with your guy, you go and start putting it out along with a few others and a forest fire truck. Just as the fire seems to be getting under control, part of it suddenly starts to form some sort of appendage-like thing and starts smacking your squad mates away, setting them ablaze at the same time.

Squad Captain: What the hell?! How is it doing that?! *Looks at you* Hurry, put out the others while I report this to HQ!

You: Right Sir!

//////
After running to your squad mates and putting them out, the fire then starts shooting small fireballs at you and the others.
//////
You: This isn't normal! What kind of fire is this?!

Squad mate 1: I don't know, but we still need to put this out!

Squad mate 2: Do you think we even can?!

You: We have to try to at least contain it until we can get back-up!

Squad mate 2: Guess so. Come on! We need to do this?
////
In this part, you and the others douse the fire while dodging the fireballs. After enough dousing:
/////

You: Hey, where's the captain?! *You look behind you and see the captain far back with a video camera* Captain, what are you doing?!

Squad Captain: I contaced HQ but they think I'm making it up, so I'm taking a video as evidence. *Puts camera away* Ok, this should be enough. *Picks up his hose* Alright, let's do this!

/////
Now the fire starts growing a bit and starts using both fireballs and the appendage. If the appendage or fireball looks like it'll hit you, aim your hose at it and if you're quick enough, you'll put it out and avoid damage(You can still "die" in this level, but the damage you take is less than the ones after). After more dousing, the fire then shoots a giant fireball, which shrinks the it by a good amount over everyone, with it landing next to the firetruck, where the hoses are connected, starting another patch of flames.

//////
Squad mate 2: What...is this thing?

Squad mate 1: It's like satan himself is guiding these flames.

Squad Captain: Hurry! Don't let it burn the truck!

Everyone, including you, runs to the truck, but the fire has already severed the hoses with another appendage. The truck then starts catching fire.

You: No no no no!

Squad mate 2: Now what?! We can't do anything now! Is this really it for us...?

A few seconds later, you start to hear thunder. You look up to see overcast skies.

Squad Captain: Ok men, we sound full retreat. Let's have mother nature put out this infernal demon.

The captain's walkie then starts going off.

HQ: What the hell are you doing?! Why isn't the fire out yet?!

Squad Captain: Like I said, this fire is unusual. I have video evidence to show you. Get us an airlift! Hurry! Don't worry, mother nature has come to put it out.

HQ:....Very well. That video better explain your failure to put this simple fire out though.
////

The rain now has started to drop, and the HQ chopper has arrived.

[End level 1]

Yes, there actually is a reason for the fire doing all that stuff, but it isn't explained until late game.

The ///// btw is to seperate the scenes and the play areas.