• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fiona Frightening and the Wicked Wardrobe

LaCheshireZorua

People die when they are dead.
Reaction score
PSN
KingCheshireZorua
Unknown

I'm just going to post this thread here as a way to try to help a game that I want to exist rather badly.

This game, Fiona Frightening and the Wicked Wardrobe, is an indie 3D platformer, directly inspired and influenced by much older platformers, such as Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, Spyro the Dragon, and some others, such as Jak and Daxter. The difference is that this game is going to have a sort "spooky" Halloween twist to it.

The game is about a young witch, named Fiona Frightening, who's been sucked into the world of a storybook after the main villain of the game, the Boogieman, tries to rewrite the story, due to him being sick and tired of losing all the time. (By the way, I personally feel that this is so far one of my favorite villainous plans and motivations in history, because you know that none of the other villains have even thought of trying that.) Teaming up with the heroes of the story, collectively called The Creeps, she will use the titular Wicked Wardrobe to transform her comrades into "Monsdresses" so she can use their powers to stop the Boogieman.

The characters themselves have their voice work done by some familiar faces from across the internet, including about three members of Team Four Star (Anthony "Antfish" Sardinha, Scott "KaiserNeko" Frerichs, Corinne "Megami33" Sudberg, and Curtis "Takahata101" Arnott), Atop the Fourth Wall's Lewis "Linkara" Lovhaug, and others.

According to one of the voice actors, Alex "The Autarch" Rochon (who I learned about this game from, and who also voices the main villain in the game), they hope to release this for the Wii U, and are trying to get a Kickstarter together to help. They've also recently announced world wide auditions for some of the remaining, un-cast NPCs, with round one having finished a few days ago, and round two still yet to be announced.

The plot I just described isn't the entire plot of the game, as they'd rather keep a few secrets about the plot here and there. So, if you don't really see a point to the plot, don't worry.

I will keep an eye out for the Kickstarter, and post the link here when I find it/when it is finally launched.