• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

For Honor

the_rpg_king

Maid of Justice
Reaction score
Steam
KnockDownJoe
PSN
rpgking20
Unknown Robo Fortune Double
I scoured the forums, but there's not a thread about it, so I'll just go ahead and post it.

Here, we can talk about Ubisoft's fun game, For Honor. For Honor is a game that has the 3 warrior classes, Viking, Samurai and Warrior and has various online modes, such as Deathmatch, Dominion, Duel, and Brawl. The aspects of the game contain literally intense duels, a story campaign with one class chosen and finishing moves to completely kill a player to prevent one from reviving.

I'll start. The Beta is amazing because the intense fighting with gore leaving me frothing with bloody joy. I'm going to get the full game not only because For Honor is clean without any profanity, it's because the warriors were intensely violent.

I greatly enjoyed steam-rolling people with Conqueror and my friend playing Peacekeeper in 2v2 Brawl during the beta.

I'll probably go buy it once I find a copy for a bit less ridiculous price than what they want in my region.

Last edited:
Planning to get For Honor when it price drops to $40, give it enough time to florish and maybe get some of that DLC out

I hope the game does well though, I'd love for sequels/huge expansion packs with extra factions (Romans? Celts? Persians? Aztecs/Incans/Mayans?)

according to what I've seen the netcode being peer-to-peer is consistently causing a lot of problems. I'll probably skip on it till I hear about improvements to the connection. Game looks fun, if not infuriating at times.

according to what I've seen the netcode being peer-to-peer is consistently causing a lot of problems. I'll probably skip on it till I hear about improvements to the connection. Game looks fun, if not infuriating at times.

It depends on what you play. Duels and to a slightly lesser extent 2v2 are arguably enhanced by p2p. The 4v4 maps however are definitely degraded by it. Bad matches (for me) have made up a noticeable minority of matches, but it is infuriating when it happens.

I'm more curious who it will shape up. It might be worth waiting a month or two for whatever balance/mechanic patches come out. For a lot of people, the new & shiny is wearing off fast as the game is discovered and "optimal" play is being discussed.

Add to that one of the worst UI/UX I have ever experienced in a game, and I fluctuate between buyer's remorse and being thankful I bought it.

Anyone have a link where someone that understands fighting game levels of detail explains all the mechanics? Trying to sift through piles of internet broscience about a popular game to find the people that know what they're talking about is miserable.

I can answer some questions if you post here.

But to answer your question, some links worth checking out are:

Tru3ta1ent
Not sure how high level he is (he is considered high level by plenty). This is mostly matches and commentary.

Rooflemonger
This is the closest to a lab monster I've found. He is doing what he can to math out frames, etc.

Also check out reddit.com/r/competitiveforhonor for some decent stuff.

Hah, I went to the reddit link saying to myself, "This needs a guy like Skorbrand from Dark Souls to cut through the fog of folk knowledge nonsense" and the top post in the For Honor reddit was by Skorbrand.

Reactions: North888