• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune's cr.mk

Stuff

The guy who says the thing you might not like
Reaction score
This move is pretty much nearly useless
  • CONS
    • Small hitboxes
    • Fast, but not enough
    • Small hitboxes
    • Deals less damage than every part of s.mk and less damage than c.mk (that btw hits low) I don't know.
    • Small hitboxes
    • Doesn't hit low
    • Small hitboxes
    • Hurtboxes don't match visual effect
    • Small hitboxes
    • Can't anti-air effectively
    • Small hitboxes
    • 14 11 frames startup
      • Her s.mp any other move is more useful and it's 13f, s.mk/c.mk are also 14, but are useful
      • Just as an example, Fukua's c.mp is 9f, and s.mp/s.mk/c.mk are 10f
    • Small hitboxes
  • PROS
    • Best move to stop SSJ, but still needs timing
      • Backjumping j.hk can also punish and give you a heavy counterhit combo starting on stage 1
      • Also, best way to punish SSJ is still blocking
    • Val keeps a good position while doing it
    • Pushes the enemy a little away and is -1 onblock, but who the hell will use this if you can cancel anything into L bypass (-4f onblock) after and deal some chip damage?
    • ... that's it
    • Can punish some specific jump-ins, but too slow to beat some crosses like Filia's air dash j.lk j.hk
    • Yeah.
e41KHPm.png

I'm not asking to make this move a super good move, but extend her hitboxes enough to work as a anti-air better than s.mp or s.hk and to work as a way to pop bursts.
OR
Remove multihits from it. Combo damage will increase and it's enough to make the move viable. Also, Val has enough multihits moves already(c.lk, c.mp, s.mp, s.mk, j.lk, j.mp
).

Yep.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDB and Hilary
It's my pick for the single worst move in the game!

Reactions: Icky
Well considering we have threads about which character you would date, what flavor yogurt they like, and a dating sim in the works and much more. I'm lifting this place by comparison.

I am highly disappointed in this forum and can only express my sadness in a joke that only depresses me more.

Last edited:
Well considering we have threads about which character you would date, what flavor yogurt they like, and a dating sim in the works and much more. I'm lifting this place by comparison.

I am highly disappointed in this forum and can only express my sadness in a joke that only depresses me more.
Whatever the reason you did it for, that's still creating a useless thread, and doing so while being fully aware of that doesn't make it better.
As colossi already got destroyed in the original thread for his false assumptions, doing what you did can be sum up as "I just want to bring the being-a-dick-ness to the next level".

Eh. Take it how you want.

Actually this is more a legit complaint if you ignore the fact that I decided to point out how silly your thread was.

But I mean Fortune is still like SSSSS+ Tier so whatever.

still don't like val's c.mp anyway

joke was ok

i used to use her cr.MK as a chain starter in one of my combos because it was the only button i had left to start a chain with before getting into lights....

....and then they removed the groundbounce from headspike, and i havent used it since.

attachment.php

You're two months late. How rude, punctuality is a virtue you know?

there should be a rule against reviving really old threads.

Please give Fortune back invincible Fiber Upper while headless and/or old airdash height while headless. Thanks in advance.

I feel that fortune suffered unnecessary changes that weaken her effectiveness like losing any throw invulnerability on head roll, her headless minimum dash height being higher and the crazy recovery of her head. It would be nice to have a cr.mk that has more of a impact on gameplay. It could become a low, a antiair, or anything better than it is now.

Reactions: FuLLBLeeD
It beats Squigly's 2LP clean, something most crouching moves can't say. What more do you want?