• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Game language in the loading screen

Zess

Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mzesu/
Ms. Fortune Painwheel
I had Skullgirls in portuguese at some point, but I can't really get used to games in my native language, so I changed it back... but the loading screen is still in portuguese, for some reason. Switching it back and forth didn't help.
It's kind of weird, to have the whole game in english, except for the loading screen.

Confirmed, I have the same problem (except it's not portugese but the language my os has)

Last edited:
Yeah, I can confirm too.

Just wanted to point out that this still hasn't been fixed.

And it never will be! :^P

The loading screen is loaded before the savedata is, so it loads in your system default language. This isn't a problem on console because when you change the language it changes the reported default language, and it's not enough of a big deal to worry about for only PC. Sorrrryyyyy....

And it never will be! :^P

The loading screen is loaded before the savedata is, so it loads in your system default language. This isn't a problem on console because when you change the language it changes the reported default language, and it's not enough of a big deal to worry about for only PC. Sorrrryyyyy....

Too bad.
IMHO it should be relatively easy to fix by using SteamApps()->GetCurrentGameLanguage() instead of the system's language.

"CARGANDO" yup, i can confirm too.

Oh, nope. SG isn't set up to have languages at all, so there is no Language tab and I get "english" from Steam regardless of what Steam is set for, and don't know how to (or have time to) set that up. OH WELL.