• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Halo

so apparently a bunch of things are getting changed and added into Halo 5 due to the beta but here's the most important one:

Bring back the SPNKr Rocket Launcher as a legendary version of the weapon

darn right the SPNKr is a legendary weapon. the full change list can be found at the official halo site.

Why are you hyped for a Russian-only, F2P (with microtransactions), online multiplayer-only Halo game? If anything, I'd say this is a horrible announcement because it may very well mean that this is what Microsoft/343 thought that the PC community wanted.

It's not like people have been asking for Halo 3 for 8 years, or anything...

Pretty interesting pair of trailers dropped around the Walking Dead finale apparently.

Agent Locke Version

Master Chief Version

So the campaign this time would maybe involve choices that can affect the outcome of the ending?

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
Is it just me or does putting #HASHTAG all over your trailer kind of diminish the dramatic effect

Can't even imagine how much lamer Halo 3's trailer would have been if #FINISHTHEFIGHT was plastered all over the start and finish

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
They have to plaster it everywhere because the average viewer has a low attention span if history has taught us anything.

It's just this new modern day social networking era we all live in now where they expect you to go on your twitters, facebooks, whatever to alert the cavalry whenever shit happens.

I mean we live in a world where a group of bored people can post a selfie with a burning building in the background for some internet attention as some desperate attempt to obtain some self worth. It helps with the 'word-of-mouth' advertising phase and trailers like these are what kickstart it.

I agree it's obnoxious, but it's effective nevertheless. Being obnoxious implies the intended message at least got your attention and as long as x percentage of those people spread the word then mission accomplished.

Jesus how often does Halsey finds herself captured/in danger of capture by the enemy? Is she the Princess Peach of Halo now?

That opening battle sequence was ridiculous too. So like four spartans [not even Spartan II tier] just blitzed through a middle of everything [covenant and prometheans] without so much as a scratch on them? I know we like to think Spartans are invincible, but half their strength was being tactical and didn't rely on pure brute force all the time. I can only see Spartan III's do that and even then they were designed as cheaply produced fodder Spartans for suicidal missions. Spartans in the earlier days were less presented as superheroes and were still mortal men. They get hurt or die often while showing difficulty/caution with their battles which is not what I seen in that video that made the enemies look as threatening as a dandelion.

Problem with these later Halo games is they are trying to make everyone like MC and the only reason why he lasted so long is literally luck since he didn't particularly excel at anything compared to other Spartan II's.

so I know this thread has been dead for awhile, but the new Halo Wars came out and...well..it's a shit show...UNSC seems to be especially powerful (Everyone keeps going for General Cutter immediately and steamrolling everyone else), and air units are overpowered. They dont really have any counters that aren't immediately destroyed. This game's late game and even early game to a large extent is just zerg rush with flying units. It's a shitshow.

the platinum games thread about nier and its heaps of obscure but incredibly story relevant side material reminded me of halo, which also has its own heaps of story relevant side material

so i picked up a copy of "Fractures" which is a bunch of side stories. i think i'll read Staten's story about Half-Jaw first.