• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

help with twitch and OBS

SHODAN

I like to pretend i'm good at Fighting games
Reaction score
Steam
InfectedCloud
PSN
Assassinking34
so just a little bit ago i was streaming, needless to say i had some problems with it. the audio for the game worked fine, but my voice was very hard to hear, and i steaming music as well during the session, but it was freaking out on me, it sounded like buzzing and some audible music combined. I dont really know how to run this properly, as this is the first time ive used any stream site and software for this. OBS was working fine, though my FPS was droppes to 30, so i felt the stream was out of sync. i really wanna continue this, as afterwards i was planning on showing System Shock 2 afterwards.
so any tips/advice to make this run better? for the music i was using spotify.

so just a little bit ago i was streaming, needless to say i had some problems with it. the audio for the game worked fine, but my voice was very hard to hear, and i steaming music as well during the session, but it was freaking out on me, it sounded like buzzing and some audible music combined. I dont really know how to run this properly, as this is the first time ive used any stream site and software for this. OBS was working fine, though my FPS was droppes to 30, so i felt the stream was out of sync. i really wanna continue this, as afterwards i was planning on showing System Shock 2 afterwards.
so any tips/advice to make this run better? for the music i was using spotify.

I don't have a mic so I can't really help you with the audio other than see if you can adjust the mic's volume manually on the mic itself or on your computer in Device Manager or lower the music's volume. You might also try checking if the wiring/connector is good because that might be causing the buzzing.

But when you stream/record it eats up a lot of your CPU, so you'll probably get framerate drops more often. Try lowering the game's resolution or try playing with 2D stages, instead of the 3D ones. That should help the framerate a bit. You can also downscale the recording/streaming resolution in the OBS settings: Settings > Video > Resolution Downscale. I captured my monitor at 1920 x 1080 resolution, but in the Resolution Downscale part I put 1280 x 720. You could try capturing at 720p instead of 1080p and you might see some improvement.

I just started streaming some Photoshop stuff and Skullgirls gameplay myself using OBS and Twitch, and I found that the stream lags anywhere from 14-30 seconds, so your viewer will always be a little behind, but I guess that also depends on your connection. I used iTunes for music when I streamed, and everything seemed to work fine, but I didn't have a mic, so not sure how much that helps you.

I was streaming at 480p, but I'm not gonna use a Mic and try that out. Plus, the music was buzzing, not the.game itself, and my.computer is not that powerful,its not bad, but its not good. (im on a laptop).