• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hi beginner here :)

WizardSlayer

Reaction score
Steam
WizardSlayerx
Filia
Hey everyone,

I'm very new to skullgirls, infact only started playing yesterday, but I am beginner/intermediate on SSF4:AE so I know a few fundementals though I am still not very good.
I love the art style of skullgirls and I couldn't get along with KOF very well but i'm determined to go back to it at a later stage.
I love checking out the forums, gaining information and maybe finding some people to play with through the community so if there is anyone out the who likes to beat on noobs.... feel free to add me on steam haha.
In seriousness though it would be cool to find some people to play with and learn on a more regular basis :) I am in the UK, I don't know if mostly people are from the US on here?

And I hope I can put this in this section but while i am writing... Is it worth downloading the endless beta? as I have just been playing the main game.

Thanks and hope to play with some of you soon :D

Reactions: skull person
If you play on PC, lots of folks play on the beta. For folks like myself that have Big Band or Fukua on their main teams, it's the only way to get our fix. The big thing is that Quick Match doesn't really exist on the beta. Anyone who plays on it plays in lobbies. The risk is that sometimes major changes show up in the beta that may or may not make the real release. Frankly, I play on both. Hop onto either version, check lobbies, play some games, then send some friend requests. It's a good way to get tips and tricks

Okay I shall download the beta too and like you said maybe hop back and forth :) Would be nice to check out some of the other characters too. I may get to grips in the main game first though, need to spend some good amount of time in training mode still!

Make sure to check out the beginner lobbies in the main game. Usually during peak hour you'll find one unless it's full. You can your own pretty easy though if there's none up.
Quick match doesn't have any matchmaking so you find all sorts of different skill levels and strategies, so I'd stick to beginner lobbies until you're comfortable enough to move on.
Also consider making a training diary in the beginner section. You can post all your personal problems and questions and they'll get answered pretty quick!

Thanks for that info :) I will check out that thread. I didn't know about the beginner lobbies so I will be checking them out and deffinately be playing in them for a good while. I'm pleasently surprised to see how active this forum is as it doesn't seem like SRK was that active when I was on there.

The endless beta is used to test new characters before their official release on the retail version. Currently there are two new characters in it that aren't in retail (Big Band and Fukua), so I'd definitely recommend downloading it.