• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Hidden things in 2nd Encore (Hype train & Squig's Lv5)

Nevins

Hidden character
Reaction score
Website
tangerinepop.com
PSN
cpnsleepy
Fukua Robo Fortune Big Band
I remembered reading about these a while back in Beta topics somewhere, but after a search, couldn't find them.

Now that I can try to see them on PS3, I did YouTube 'em to get the info on Squig's Lv5, so I'll try it in training for fun. The move's not in the movelist in-game though, unlike other Lv5s. Is that intentional?

Hype train: I think it appears if you do a burst bait? I've tried doing baits w/my mains since each has been released, but have never managed one in training or vs.
The Parasoul bait in Training (one of the new ones) was really tough for me, but I got it eventually.
Who has the simplest burst bait to use to see the train? I'll use whoever to see it. Thanks!

Who has the simplest burst bait to use to see the train? I'll use whoever to see it. Thanks!
I mean, with Valentine you can do Lv3 green vial, s.HP, s.HP xx poison load. Not sure it gets simpler than that.

Reactions: Nevins
I mean, with Valentine you can do Lv3 green vial, s.HP, s.HP xx poison load. Not sure it gets simpler than that.
Thanks, Mike. I haven't used Val much since Tutorial/Story/Arcade long ago & had to look up Lv3 green vial, but you're right, that should do it. I hope to get baits down for my mains someday. Maybe I'll hit the subforums one more time & write em down again.

with fukua
s.hp
j.hk
s.lp s.hp
j.hk j.hp

Reactions: Nevins
Another secret: Big Band has a 26th palette
26 Satchmo Death Blow victories. You must win the match with this Blockbuster.

Satchmo Solo (Level 5 Blockbuster)
After :MP::
:LP:,:D:+:LK:,:LP:,:MP:

Satchmo Death Blow
During Satchmo Solo:
:QCF::PP:

Last edited:
Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Another secret: Big Band has a 26th palette
26 Satchmo Death Blow victories. You must win the match with this Blockbuster.

Satchmo Solo (Level 5 Blockbuster)
After :MP::
:LP:,:D:+:LK:,:LP:,:LP:+:HP:

Satchmo Death Blow
During Satchmo Solo:
:QCF::PP:
The last note is LP+MP not LP+HP ;)

Reactions: BallotBoxer
It's actually just MP as of an update some time ago to make the input easier.

Also, the input as a whole doesn't have to be after MP. Just doing s.LP->c.LK->s.LP->MP with 5 bars automatically makes Band take out the trumpet and freeze time.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
It's actually just MP as of an update some time ago to make the input easier.

Also, the input as a whole doesn't have to be after MP. Just doing s.LP->c.LK->s.LP->MP with 5 bars automatically makes Band take out the trumpet and freeze time.

Cool, good to know. Yeah, this is quite a find. Wonder if people are trying this for other Lv5 supers now. :)
I heard in the Palette topic that this can be done in CPU quickmatch, which is good since I doubt I'd manage to KO anyone in vs. with this.