• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Honiepop (May turn this into the VN thread if we don't already have one?)

Do you enjoy the writing or the "plot" of a VN over the other?

• "Plot" errday

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Writing

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • They're both important

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

iLoli

Speed Kills
Reaction score
PSN
Austin_QED and for 3DS:4785-6293-9028
Parasoul Squigly Eliza

Go.

And for you people, yeah, YOU PEOPLE.

For the love of mod's sanity no nudity or direct links to explicit sex.

Reactions: VinceX and Φ
Whatever that is, I hate it.

MuvLuv is the best VN.

This Writing is definitely reflective of reality. Now it's time for me to ride home on my unicorn steed and fart magic.

I'm sad that OP's thread indirectly implies that all VNs have sexually suggestive scenes. It's not like I blew some 50+ hours of my life reading Umineko, or anything...

Also Higurashi is coming to Steam, whee.
Where's the original art!? It's not Higurashi without everyone having weird ham mittens for hands.

Where's the original art!? It's not Higurashi without everyone having weird ham mittens for hands.

Mangagamer contracted an artist to redo the art, which I definitely welcome because weird mittenhands etc.

The original art will be available as a toggleable option.

I'm sad that OP's thread indirectly implies that all VNs have sexually suggestive scenes. It's not like I blew some 50+ hours of my life reading Umineko, or anything...

Also Higurashi is coming to Steam, whee.
I thought about that while typing he post, but remembered that about 70% of VN have some sort of sexual content, so I let it rock.

Anyone play Song of Saya?

RE: OP

Was that Jerry Springer? I don't even. I have never seen women act like that in front of me (then again, I wouldn't normally hang around people who would act like this to begin with).

Although, I will commend the quality timing and voice acting. I was not expecting that at all, and I'm now curious about the rest of that VN.

Do TellTale games like Walking Dead, Back To The Future, etc. count as VNs? I think they do.

Saya no Uta pretty much sums up a lot of VNs.

"This sure is awesome! I'd totally recommend this to people, if it weren't for the gratuitous rape scenes."

Saya no Uta pretty much sums up a lot of VNs.

"This sure is awesome! I'd totally recommend this to people, if it weren't for the gratuitous rape scenes."

There is one rape scene in Saya, and it's pretty dire.

Saya is like the movie "HER" to me, if you're willing to go into it with a open mind, I'd recommend it, if you know what you like and don't want anything to do with anything outside of your comfort zone, then no, don't play it.

saya no uta is moe moe cthulhu chan
and not like that moe moe nyarlathotep chan anime
actual moe moe cthulhu chan

RE: OP

Was that Jerry Springer? I don't even. I have never seen women act like that in front of me (then again, I wouldn't normally hang around people who would act like this to begin with).

Although, I will commend the quality timing and voice acting. I was not expecting that at all, and I'm now curious about the rest of that VN.

Do TellTale games like Walking Dead, Back To The Future, etc. count as VNs? I think they do.
People act like that in my city all the time. It's even worse when the hair pulling occurs. From what I know about Huniepop, it's a pretty good game. Although I can't say more as I've never played it.
I'm gonna be that person and throw it out there.
Zero Escape is one of my favorite VNs. Although, Virtue's Last Reward didn't do much for Quark as he was KO'd most of the game.

I liked how 999 and Virtue's Last Reward were basically the same game
and they're still ripoffs of Ever17
by the same author

Reactions: iLoli
I liked how 999 and Virtue's Last Reward were basically the same game
and they're still ripoffs of Ever17
by the same author
Sssh.
Nobody has to know.

Zero Escape is one of my favorite VNs. Although, Virtue's Last Reward didn't do much for Quark as he was KO'd most of the game.

yyyyyes both are very very good games everyone needs to play for themselves

There is one rape scene in Saya, and it's pretty dire.

There are two.

Saya/neighbor, and Fuminori/Yoh. Her name was Yoh, right?

So yea I bought Huniepop a few weeks ago simply because people told me I shouldn't, so I did, and I regret nothing. Game is actually really fun. A bit ridiculous at times but actually fun. Also yea Audrey is so psycho it's over-the-top hilarious. I'd recommend it to anyone who is into VNs or puzzle games like candy crush or something like that.

There are two.

Saya/neighbor, and Fuminori/Yoh. Her name was Yoh, right?

Yeah, there was two, but it wasn't
Funimori who raped Yoh, it was Saya.

Remember this game. and the SocJus party trying to demonize it...

I've read/played Saya no Uta. I thoroughly enjoyed it, played it all in one sitting. I tried Fate Stay Night, could not last 20min. That opening is the slowest thing I've experienced and a sin to creative writing.

Reactions: iLoli
Has anyone heard any news of that Tsukihime remake at all?

I'm ducking all Nasuverse shit for a while.

Let's talk about Monster Girl Quest part 3 doe.

Tamamo, that's all.