• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I Don't Know How to Get Out of Corners...Help?

blueberrymilk

lurker of threads
Reaction score
PSN
blueberrymilk (if that doesnt work try 2 k's)
Filia Parasoul Fukua
Yep, I know the corner is my weakness so I stay away from it, though there are times I just end up there. If the opponent knows what they're doing it is incredibly hard for me to get out and fight back. I try calling my assists, (updo, pillar, drill ) to no avail, I hold back to block, mash grab, mash super etc lol anything. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but I'd appreciate some sound advice, I feel so scrubby desperately mashing buttons to get out of the corner.

What do you do if you find yourself in the corner?

If you're parasoul and depending on the pressure always do pillar into bikes because they HAVE to block it, it becomes a true block string

For filia if you really want pressure off updo into gregor as soon as you're right at the top and you should be midscreen if they didn't block in the air, it should reset the position so you're out of the corner at least

Reactions: blueberrymilk
Yeah I updo into gregor. It has gotten me out of some nasty situations...never did Paras pillar into bikes. I think I charge it too long (holding down back)so the opponent sees this and continues their assault obviously. I see folks who just push out pillar quick fast like it isn't even a charge move. :u

It actually has an extremely short window compared to most charge characters, you just need to practice it! Trust me, your life will be so much easier because pillar can beat nearly everything time correctly

bikes are added saftey

Yep, I know the corner is my weakness so I stay away from it, though there are times I just end up there. If the opponent knows what they're doing it is incredibly hard for me to get out and fight back. I try calling my assists, (updo, pillar, drill ) to no avail, I hold back to block, mash grab, mash super etc lol anything. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but I'd appreciate some sound advice, I feel so scrubby desperately mashing buttons to get out of the corner.

What do you do if you find yourself in the corner?
For the most part I think those are good options (except for mash grab, most times when mash grab was a good option, upback was a better option) but instead of mashing them try deliberately timing them based on what your opponent is doing. If you see there's a gap in your opponent's blockstring, try doing your reversal super there.

Pushblock is also real good, you can push them back and get a little more space to work with. Since you have drill assist with Fukua, you can also alpha counter to her drill and then cancel that into BFF. If they block the drill you can cancel into her fireball super to make it safe-ish (it's actually a very easy move to PBGC but no one's doing that yet so this is prime time to abuse everyone's lack of matchup knowledge).

Probably the best thing is just try not to get into the corner in the first place. Bad things happen in the corner and you wanna try to avoid that if you can. If your point character is getting low on life and you see an opportunity to tag or DHC to get them out, go for it. Otherwise, if your point character dies, the opponent is probably gonna do a dead body combo to move the corpse to the corner then you're gonna have to fight your way out of the corner as your next character. That's no bueno.

Yep I do push block (idk how to pbcancel) but often times Im not doing it at the end of their combo when I should and I continue getting beat. I do do the alpha counters as well but sometimes when I am in that corner it is certain death. Lol I really like the sound of your strategies and, I will try em out. Tank you, tank you verdy much.

NP also I think an important way to think about it is that if you get in the corner you're not REALLY supposed to get out, you're actually supposed to lose that game, so if you do get out it's kinda like in pinball where you lose your ball but then get a free one for no reason and you're like, oh, sick, free ball. I think it helps to have that mindset.