• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

I kinda wish they had done a Wii U release

Shorydouken

gundham tanakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reaction score
Steam
luigifan20
PSN
luigifan20
XBL
Supermariofan20
Beowulf Big Band Peacock
I mean, apparently it was planned but LZ said the Wii U was selling too poorly and didn't have an established digital presence, but now things like Shovel Knight and Runbow are out/coming out and I feel it was a huge mistake to skip out on a Wii U version.

But then they make a Vita version because the Vita is the most accomplished handheld yet.

. .
~

While i would love a wii u release.

If i'm not wrong, the Vita and ps4 versions were a specific deal, someone paid labzero to do those specific versions.

While i would love a wii u release.

If i'm not wrong, the Vita and ps4 versions were a specific deal, someone paid labzero to do those specific versions.
I got like $9

Is that enough for a Wii U edition?

Reactions: 41bja
I own a Vita and don't own a Wii U so I think they made the right call

I don't know where you heard this.
I misinterpreted what I read, it said it "was a possibility", not "was planned". Please forgive based Lab Zero

hmmmm... tsk... yes, no. I don't really think a WiiU realease of SG would have been a smart idea. For one they would have to port the game which would take up a ton of time and money. Also I would think that the WiiU doesn't have as much memory as say the PS4 so running the game would be really tricky because of all the large images going around on the screen. And lastly... WHO WOULD BUY SG ON WIIU? There is like no market in the WiiU area for Skull Girls to jump into, so in the end LZ would just waste a ton of money on that, something I don't think they would want to do.

hmmmm... tsk... yes, no. I don't really think a WiiU realease of SG would have been a smart idea. For one they would have to port the game which would take up a ton of time and money. Also I would think that the WiiU doesn't have as much memory as say the PS4 so running the game would be really tricky because of all the large images going around on the screen. And lastly... WHO WOULD BUY SG ON WIIU? There is like no market in the WiiU area for Skull Girls to jump into, so in the end LZ would just waste a ton of money on that, something I don't think they would want to do.
The market for the wii u is not great for skullgirls, that is something true, but not because the wii u is a bad console, this game is heavy on pc. If the ps4 version wasn't something that gave extra content and fully paid by an outside company, wouldn't be worth either.

But the wii u is perfectly capable of running a game like skullgirls.

well it doesn't matter. the end result is SG is done on production and that they are not working on WiiU. let's move on to the actual question here, can we get Indivisible onto the WiiU. That is something LZ could take hold of, right?

I got $31. Together we make a nice $40. I think that's almost enough for a wii u version.
Perfect, let's get Mike on the phone

I misinterpreted what I read, it said it "was a possibility", not "was planned". Please forgive based Lab Zero
It was a possibility in the sense that if someone approached us with a large sum of money and asked us to make it. So actually, zero possibility.