• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Idea: Noise Notification on Reset

The Dave

Reaction score
Steam
TheDaveofHouston
Robo Fortune Eliza Cerebella
Something occurred to me after reading a thread about people having trouble with near-infinites and resets. New players seem to have trouble noticing when a combo's dropped or there's an opportunity for movement. (See also: "There's a spark?") I know for myself, there's a lot of things going on on-screen, so I haven't figured out watching the other guy's combo count yet. In fact, I don't really notice the combo count at all if I'm actually playing, as I'm distracted by the spinning Filia in my face and my rapidly depleting health bar.

So, I was wondering if it might be possible or helpful to have a short ping sound when a combo greater than, say, ten hits is dropped by a non-super. A non-visual notification would avoid interfering with the game's presentation, and you don't want it to go off after every two or three moves.

I hope this helps!