• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Idea] Training mode setting for unending Satchmo Solo

curtmack

Currently, it's difficult to really try and practice playing songs during Satchmo Solo, because whenever you run out of time you have to start over with the button combo to start a new Solo. Infinite meter setting does nothing, your meter still drains while in Satchmo Solo. It'd be nice if there was a way to make Satchmo Solo unlimited as a training mode setting so you have all the time you need to practice the Kirby victory dance or whatever else you want to Solo with.

You can just practice playing by pressing mp I'd think

If you want to practice to see what you can fit in the allotted time I would think save states would be better for that anyways

Meter draining during infinite meter does sound like a bug though

Using MP isn't perfect either - you still lose the playing stance after a short period of hesitation, which makes it harder to figure out which notes go where in the first place.

I figured Satchmo Solo would be a better fit because a) it automatically mutes the game's background music and b) it has a way to end it prematurely even if the timer is set to unlimited.

You can just practice playing by pressing mp I'd think

If you want to practice to see what you can fit in the allotted time I would think save states would be better for that anyways

Meter draining during infinite meter does sound like a bug though
Actually, I don't think it's a bug. Meter appears to drain for supers, but then reset after the super is finished, rather than at the end of a combo like with settings that lock the meter at a certain amount. Only reason I can think of why that is the case would be to prevent level 5 to level 5 to level 5 DHC shenanigans.

Turn down all of the audio settings. Then just practice using MP like Merlock said. After pressing MP you can press and HOLD any key to keep the trumpet out for an infinite amount of time. Just never let go of the last note you played. As long as you're doing this, it should be really easy to practice your songs.

I can guarantee you that Mike isn't going to bother putting in an option for this. There's already a solution (the one stated above) and it would require more work than is worth the effort.

Back