• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Interest in SG 2

majeh116

Reaction score
Steam
majeh116
Squigly Filia
Wasn't quite sure where to put this question so sorry if it should be in a different forum. I think we can all agree that SG is awesome and would like to see the franchise thrive and continue. I am also aware of the lack of a publisher for lab zero and am not asking of the feasibility of a sequel. I am more so curious does anyone know how interested lab zero is in making a sequel? When you work on a game for years I imagine you can get tired of it so does anyone know if the staff would be going SWEET LETS GO if a budget came in or are they interested in pursuing new properties instead? Thanks!

They want to pursue new opportunities. Mike has said so on multiple occasions. Frankly, I think the team deserves it, and that since Skullgirls is a very good game there is no need for a Skullgirls 2 at this time.

I would LOVE LOVE LOOOOOVVE a skullgirls 2 but I think lab zero needs a long waited break and build up as a company or move on to something else. Maybe in 3-5 years after Robo fortune we will see skullgirls 2.

I would like to see it.......

Someday.

Reactions: Zero8teen(DG)
That new project is totally an Annie game. I can feel it.
Holy moly DDB, if we ever work on anything else and you mention Annie in any context around it I will ban you immediately. So get it all of our your system now.

I think we're all interested in doing it, but maybe not right now. Though if $10 million suddenly showed up for it I'm sure we'd consider it, so where all my angel investors at? Holla! :^P

Holy moly DDB, if we ever work on anything else and you mention Annie in any context around it I will ban you immediately. So get it all of our your system now.

I think we're all interested in doing it, but maybe not right now. Though if $10 million suddenly showed up for it I'm sure we'd consider it, so where all my angel investors at? Holla! :^P

I need more time Mike. Acquiring exuberant levels of wealth is harder than I thought, despite all these Silicon Valley people I hang out with.

I honestly want to see new projects from Lab Zero. SG should have time to cook in it's finished state. Plus if they do other projects, there could be a possibility of their other characters appearing as a guest in SG 2 if it ever happens :P

Since this is still not "anything else", I'm pretty sure you can keep spamming the forum with your love life DDbabe.

So is that a yes

Reactions: Colossi
I honestly want to see new projects from Lab Zero. SG should have time to cook in it's finished state. Plus if they do other projects, there could be a possibility of their other characters appearing as a guest in SG 2 if it ever happens :P
That's exactly what I was thinking!!

Giving skullgirls time to 'cook' after its done is a great idea people will start to get into it and when SG2 comes around Skullgirls will have a sizable fanbase (This is of course best case scenario).

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Seriously, though, the only thing I want Lab Zero to make after Skullgirls is a vacation plan.
Then another game in a few months// a year// 2 years time.

Reactions: The Dave
I will ban you immediately.

i'm just pinpointing the exact moment Mike breaks DDB's heart in two.

Though if $10 million suddenly showed up for it I'm sure we'd consider it, so where all my angel investors at? Holla! :^P
Buying lottery tickets...

Considering that offer from that president from an unknown country that seek a place to deposit it's millions...

By the way, that inspiration comparison Mike did with multiples other fighting games in Salty was super interesting! If one day there's a deluxe edition of skullgirls that come with an extra dvd disc, i hope it will made it in!

I can see how now, but i would never have guessed that Squiggly main inspiration was Johnny!

What are ya'll talking about
I just want more characters.

this is also a point
in fact, i might prefer this over making an entirely new game

this is also a point
in fact, i might prefer this over making an entirely new game

Well it would be better for an entirely new game, since I remember Mike saying that Robo will pretty much be the extent of the DLC the PS3/Xbox360 can handle. Stupid consoles can't really take anymore cause of the limitations lol

Well, The Setting of SG was a really fun one, so i wouldn't mind a metroidvania in a similar setting!

But one idea that stuck to my mind is a megaman-like game with HD graphic in the same vein of what was promised in the Mighty number 9 kickstarter. That last one got rather...seedy about it even thought they been HUGELY successfull and got tons of money. Since then Keiji went fun into the bragging and the ego trip, but not much on actual content. Not that i want to generalize, there are good people in this team and the result may still be good, but i can't help to regret having supported this one and thinking that Lab zero would have done a much better job on this project, with less work than what SG had been and with more exposure since lots of people are starving for this type of game!

In all cases, especially witgh the survey that happened after the indiegogo campaign, i'm highly curious to see what kind of project will come next!

I honestly really want to see projects based around Alex's other concepts.

We need to spread the word about Skullgirls to many, many people so that they will buy the game and Lab Zero will earn more money. Lab Zero could also make more money by making Skullgirls comics.

Finish Robo then take a long goddamn break
*trying to suppress LEAVE L0 ALONE instinct*
THEN you might consider other project that are not SG2 (what is that metroidvania thing you're mentioning? Is it related to that Vulcan Heel of Alex? Because if it is I'm like bananas in my pajamas Imma gonna buyanas).
And then people might consider SG2 if L0 is interested or something.

I'm not putting this all like a suggestion to L0. I don't want to tell people how to do their job, but still.

Someday the people will see my "I poop myself for 10 bucks" business as the revolutionary start up it is.

Then WHEN WE'RE GONNA FUND SOMETHING NEWS OUTLETS WILL REVIEW Skullgirls and the fault is all going to be mine.

"Oh my God there's a nazi woman beating a little girl! Do kids play these perverted games these days? I mean this was funded by a man who accepts money to poop in his pants"

How about "Call of Egret", a first person shooter set during the Grand War?
Or a 2D side-scrolling platforming RPG game? (Like Dust: An Elysian Tale)

The possibilities are endless!!

I'd like an isometric RPG like Fallout.

Set during the Grand War! And you would have the option to choose a faction: Canopy Kingdom, Chess Kingdom or Gigans.

Reactions: Muro
what is that metroidvania thing you're mentioning? Is it related to that Vulcan Heel of Alex? Because if it is I'm like bananas in my pajamas Imma gonna buyanas.

Ah yes that's exactly it. I forgot the title but long time ago people where talking about it and it was supposed to be a metroidvania.

Last edited:
Ah yes that's exactly it. I forgot the title but long time ago people where talking about it and it was supposed to be a metroidvania.
Vulcan Heel?

Would love a beat em up, rpg, metroidvania, anything really.

Don't necrobump, especially to make a post devoid of meaningful content.
To much epicness