• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Is This A Bug?

British Tea

Reaction score
PSN
Nethekurse
Ms. Fortune Filia Valentine
Hi everyone!

I'm pretty new here so bare with me on this one.
I wanted to create my own double snap combo but I think I came across a bug. Has anyone else encountered this?

??
i don't know which part is the bug even
double's lvl 3 whiffing after first hit?

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
i understand that
what do you think i meant by "whiffing after first hit"
it's done that for ages, i'm pretty sure?

Ah, I think I get it.
It's basically how you hit an assist with level 3 and it doesn't follow-up.
Whoops.

My problem was that Parasoul's health is recovering even though the combo counter is still going up.

My problem was that Parasoul's health is recovering even though the combo counter is still going up.
If your training mode health setting isn't set to "Normal" It's going to recover during snapbacks ^^

Reactions: erkicman
That is not a bug. You have health set to 100% -
It resets to this value whenever a character leaves hitstun.
Parasoul leaves hitstun in the middle of the "combo".

The combo counter just continues because there is no point where the opponent can actually /act/, as you are hitting an assist who can't do anything.

Or well, perhaps you could classify this as a bug, but it is known and not very important.

P.S. This is the wrong subforum - it is for FORUM Questions, not about the GAME. This type of thread should be opened in "Bug Reports".

Reactions: British Tea
That is not a bug. You have health set to 100% -
It resets to this value whenever a character leaves hitstun.
Parasoul leaves hitstun in the middle of the "combo".

The combo counter just continues because there is no point where the opponent can actually /act/, as you are hitting an assist who can't do anything.

Or well, perhaps you could classify this as a bug, but it is known and not very important.

P.S. This is the wrong subforum - it is for FORUM Questions, not about the GAME. This type of thread should be opened in "Bug Reports".

Oh, OK then. I'll do that next time I only just joined so I could get some help on this and I had no idea (I've never really been on forums before)
Also, I don't think having the health set to 100% is the issue. I've done other double snap combos with this same set-up and not encountered this issue before.

I don't think having the health set to 100% is the issue. I've done other double snap combos with this same set-up and not encountered this issue before.
As 'Vulpes has said, it's because parasoul leaves hitstun in the middle of the "combo"
Basically, it doesn't count as a "real" combo but still combos together because an assist can't get out until it lands and is not in hitstun or two otgs are used in the same chain without the assist dropping out of hitstun.

E:
I've done other double snap combos with this same set-up and not encountered this issue before.
Could ya video that and show your health options before hand?

Thanks for the help everyone!
looks like I have to go back to the drawing board...
And maybe not make such an embarrassing mistake by posting in the wrong forum when asking for help.

Just in case it wasn't clear:
- Point character is in hitstun (waiting to switch after being snapped), which is why the combo counter doesn't reset. As long as any character on the team is in hitstun, it won't reset.
- Parasoul recovers from hitstun between the j.HP and HK axekick, which don't combo. So her health resets to whatever value you have it set to because it is a new combo on her.
- If you did a true combo that is not blockable at any spot by the point character, her health wouldn't reset.

Note - the best idea during a doublesnap IS to do strings that don't combo, because it also resets the damage scaling on the assist and will kill them faster.

Note 2 - Double's Lv3 won't trigger if it only hits an assist.

Note 2 - Double's Lv3 won't trigger if it only hits an assist.
?.? It sure does

Here it didn't continue because... I don't know why

Weren't there some issues with it that got fixed recently? Forgot what was changed about it

?.? It sure does

Weren't there some issues with it that got fixed recently? Forgot what was changed about it

I don't recall ever seeing Nightmare Legion trigger after only hitting an assist, whether during a double snap, at neutral, or during a combo. Are there any examples or reproducible instances that you can think of?

looks like I have to go back to the drawing board...

I hope that in saying this you don't mean to imply that there's something wrong with your double snap combo, because there isn't. Like the others have already said, you simply have your health settings set to 100% in training mode.

The OP is playing in Retail - you can tell by Fortune j.HP. It does not continue when hitting only an assist in Retail. It does in Beta.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
I don't recall ever seeing Nightmare Legion trigger after only hitting an assist, whether during a double snap, at neutral, or during a combo. Are there any examples or reproducible instances that you can think of?

I hope that in saying this you don't mean to imply that there's something wrong with your double snap combo, because there isn't. Like the others have already said, you simply have your health settings set to 100% in training mode.

The combo is not as cool as I wanted it to be. I like long double snap combos and this one wasn't anything special. It's just Ms. Fortune's Axe kick loop but during a double snap and I wanted to try and make my own double snap combo. But I don't think it's possible to create new combos now, anyway. I guess it was worth a try.

The combo is not as cool as I wanted it to be. I like long double snap combos and this one wasn't anything special. It's just Ms. Fortune's Axe kick loop but during a double snap and I wanted to try and make my own double snap combo. But I don't think it's possible to create new combos now, anyway. I guess it was worth a try.

Why wouldn't it be possible to create new combos now? People around here do it all the time. There are a ton of variations that you can do for double snaps with Fortune, so keep trying! I also enjoy coming up with my own combos, so I often spend a lot of time just trying out different things either mid-match or in training.

Although, when it comes to double snaps I would suggest favoring ease of execution over cool looking yoloswag420noscope combos. Nothing sucks more than dropping a really easy double snap, there's just no excuse for it considering how easy they are :P

The fact that this game is very similar to marvel vs capcom and that you can do so many combinations of characters and assists and such, I don't think people are gonna run out of combos to make for a very very long time.

If I remember correctly, Lvl 3 used to continue when either the assist or the point character was hit but since then was changed to stop if the assist is only hit. I think the only random time I've seen it continue was if the point character somehow dropped out and the attack continued for a short while before stopping again. I just go with the flow and make something random >w<

If I remember correctly, Lvl 3 used to continue when either the assist or the point character was hit but since then was changed to stop if the assist is only hit. I think the only random time I've seen it continue was if the point character somehow dropped out and the attack continued for a short while before stopping again. I just go with the flow and make something random >w<
In the Beta it will continue and follow whoever it hits. You get the entire super in the situation shown in the OP video, although your combo's over after that.

In the Beta it will continue and follow whoever it hits. You get the entire super in the situation shown in the OP video, although your combo's over after that.
Yay, now to decide what supers I like to use more... Nightmare Legion or the Giant F@#%ing Buster Cannons from Robo-Fortune... I'm torn because I like nearly everything >w< Realistically though, I may never use a super during a double snap unless I'm screwing up more than I usually do. Then again, I've rarely been in a situation that had Ms. Fortune double snap anyone cause I usually have Double handle that... should probably practice that at some point... >w>

Yay, now to decide what supers I like to use more... Nightmare Legion or the Giant F@#%ing Buster Cannons from Robo-Fortune... I'm torn because I like nearly everything >w< Realistically though, I may never use a super during a double snap unless I'm screwing up more than I usually do. Then again, I've rarely been in a situation that had Ms. Fortune double snap anyone cause I usually have Double handle that... should probably practice that at some point... >w>
In order to doublesnap you first have to hit them, Viro. :^P

Can you really say this in seriousness?

Maybe? I mean, I haven't really been playing for long so it's possible that at my skill level I won't be able to create my own combo. If I could make my own combo it would possibly just be stylish and pretty much useless.