• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kanchou Fake bug

Zidiane

Doing my best
Can't record it right now, but if you do Kanchou fake, then on the other side try and qcf or qcb, you'll get the opposite. I thought maybe it was just a cancelling issue, cause I got lvl 3 instead of Dynamo, but it works with the grabs too, you can get Diamond Drop from qcb grab.

Edit: @Mike_Z Cause it still bothers me.

Last edited:
My guess is this is the "do inputs in the direction you're facing" thing, so if you do the motion input during the slide then it'll come out as if you were facing in the direction you were during the slide (in this case, to the right). It might also just be something like a few frames of turning around after the slide happens in which you count as facing the opposite direction to what you'd expect.

My guess is this is the "do inputs in the direction you're facing" thing, so if you do the motion input during the slide then it'll come out as if you were facing in the direction you were during the slide (in this case, to the right). It might also just be something like a few frames of turning around after the slide happens in which you count as facing the opposite direction to what you'd expect.
I know what it is and why it happens, I would just like it to not happen anymore.

doesn't only happen with kanchou. This is what the game does for a lot of things (rolling out of the corner and trying to do a super, bellas cr.mk st.hk command grab etc)

would be kinda annoying to have it changed but I FEEL this

doesn't only happen with kanchou. This is what the game does for a lot of things (rolling out of the corner and trying to do a super, bellas cr.mk st.hk command grab etc)

would be kinda annoying to have it changed but I FEEL this
It happens with tech rolls too? Damn, that sucks. I usually don't mash super after a tech roll, being solo with no DHC options and all. That should be fixed too.

But, I can understand the c.mk, s.hk thing though, cause you're cancelling an animation and while in that animation you are facing the opposite direction. But, with Kanchou feint, you aren't in the middle of any animation, at least not at a point where you should be able to cancel into a special. When Kanchou feint ends, by all reason and logic, you should be facing the opponent and your inputs shouldn't be reversed at all. It's ridiculous, I shouldn't have to go for this mixup and then worry if I'm going to do it a frame or two too fast and get the wrong move.

thats one of the hardest things i have getting used to in this game is NOT switching my inputs when i cross over. its fucked with me many a time.

is it like this in other games that arent capcom games? its one of those things that is super hard to unlearn.

Skullgirls has the way-you-face input scheme, Street Fighter IV just reads inputs on the go so if they jump over you in the middle of your inputs qcf could go from down, downright, right to down, downright, left, and KoFXIII only reads your inputs as you press the buttons, so if you do 421 and then they jump over you, you will still DP them when you press LP.

Crossup assist was really annoying at first but now it would be more annoying if it was changed
In general it makes things easier it's just a little weird to get used to coming off other games

Back