• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Kill la Kill 2D Fangame

Sanger Zonvolt

Best Marie in NA
Reaction score
(This is only a super basic testing of programming)

I've decided today after some thought and conceptualizing I'm going to start work on a Kill la Kill fangame, a 2D action/platformer, the final gameplay being similar to the Megaman Zero series.

Not much to show yet, and many projects like these never leave the ground, but I definitely plan to finish this one.

I am always open to anyone willing to contribute to the project, I'm mostly looking for artist who might be interested in doing sprite work and other art assets.
Otherwise it will just be my friend and I making progress creating the game.

Look out for updates.

Last edited:
Will there be alternate characters to play as, such as Mako and Satsuki?

Will there be alternate characters to play as, such as Mako and Satsuki?
That definitely could be a possibility in the future, Ryuko and the main game being the focus first of course, then I could add extra content in later versions down the line.

Last edited:
Always cool to see fan projects (especially for stuff I like), I'm sure there are many other fans that wouldn't mind helping out.
If I may ask, what are you using to build the game?

Also you currently have nearly as much as the Annie Game did (in terms of functionality) for its demo/alpha thing, so if you keep the pace you'll have something nice to show (and reel in those artists with) soon!

Reactions: Sanger Zonvolt
Always cool to see fan projects (especially for stuff I like), I'm sure there are many other fans that wouldn't mind helping out.
If I may ask, what are you using to build the game?
GameMaker Studio, mostly using manual scripting.

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
The real question is that if i'll be able to juggle two projects at once

I'd really love to help you out with this

Reactions: DARKNESSxEAGLE
The real question is that if i'll be able to juggle two projects at once

I'd really love to help you out with this
I would also love to have your sprites in my game, however I think you should stick to just working on the Annie game, I wouldn't want my game to delay your progress on that one.

Pains me to say that cause I'm still looking for a sprite artist haha.

Last edited:
Don't worry Spacewhale doesn't do anything for the Annie Game anyway it's always me working hard at my programming work I'm sure he has time for KLK.

But seriously Space, go for it, considering how long I'm taking (and how long it looks like I'm gonna take) you'll have plenty of time to work on this too. You said you wanted to work on a KLK game at some point anyway so why not kill 2 birds with 1/2 a pair of scissors?

Don't worry Spacewhale doesn't do anything for the Annie Game anyway it's always me working hard at my programming work I'm sure he has time for KLK.

But seriously Space, go for it, considering how long I'm taking (and how long it looks like I'm gonna take) you'll have plenty of time to work on this too. You said you wanted to work on a KLK game at some point anyway so why not kill 2 birds with 1/2 a pair of scissors?
Well if he is willing to work on both, I'm willing to accept.

@Immaevilspacewhale
PM me if you want to trade contact information.

this is gonna be awsome

Why Have I only just found out about this, this is frigging amazing and keep up the good work.

I also just found this out and am interested right now.