• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Mar 8, 2014] Godlike Saturdays (Indianapolis, IN)

klaww

Reaction score
Steam
klaww213
PSN
KlawwG
Valentine Filia Fukua
EDIT: this just in, skullgirls will be at 6pm! if you can at least make it to that it would be great!
This is a monthly tournament, held at the Tilt Studios in the Circle Center mall in Indianapolis. It is on the top floor of the mall.
They do not usually hold Skullgirls Tournaments, but the guy running it is willing to give us another chance with the Encore release. So please make an effort to show up!
It is held on March 8th, and the event time is 10 am to 10 pm. There is a $10 entry fee.
I have never been myself, due to usual lack of skullgirls and timing, so I do not know if it really runs for twelve hours, but I can contact the guy who runs it for any specific questions like that.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1391868711077562/ there is the facebook event page for additional info/contacts

Last edited:
Maaaaan they would run skullgirls after I move lol. Everyone go. This is a fun tournament.

Tournament was fun! This was my first time coming down to a local tournament because I wanted to support Skullgirls (and Smash, which also just started there and had a good turnout as well). Only 5 entrants for SG though, and only I was the only one who really mained SG at all; apparently there was going to be another crew coming down to play but didn't show up. I did hear that it was more than usual for the normal turnout for the game, and by comparison Killer Instinct had 6 entrants as well, so I hope this won't be the only time they have Skullgirls there.

Here were the results of the teams if anyone cares, I don't remember everyone's aliases and I don't want to put down their real names, so I'll just leave my own place:

1st - fenster - :PAR: (lol, only time this will ever happen)
2nd - :PAI:/:CER: (Lock N Load), 1 round of :PAI:
3rd - :SQG:/:FIL: (L Updo)
4th - :PEA:/:DUB: (H Bomber I think), 1 match of :PEA:
5th - :FOR: (M Fiber Upper)/:SQG: (Drag N Bite), this guy was very new to playing the game.

I at least hope to keep going to local events, and we seemed to enjoy playing SG in casuals afterwards, so it was a nice if small experience overall.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but one interesting note was that there was a LOT of people there who said stuff like "Oh, Skullgirls! I know/own that game!", even from the Smash players, but it seemed like no one stuck with playing the game for long for various reasons. So I don't think Skullgirls has a problem with getting known since everyone seemed to know about it.

Last edited: