• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Marie Ideas

The Dave

Reaction score
Steam
TheDaveofHouston
Robo Fortune Eliza Cerebella
Marideas?

Hi, newbie here! Had a couple ideas about Marie. If anyone even slightly capable of implementing anything sees this, thanks for making an awesome, awesome game!

I get that Marie's hard. I figure a lot of that can be attributed to me just sucking. (I can do the first couple stages, but get swamped by the third. Started just timing her out.)

No, my main complaint is she doesn't feel awesome. There isn't any awe or wonder to killing her- Marie just sort of disintegrates on slow, painful death. Maybe I'm missing something and it's thematically appropriate... but it's not fun.

By contrast, say what you will about Galactus from MvC 3, his nastier attacks can be interrupted, he takes up half the screen, and he eats pain like it's candy. This is fun. It feels like you're killing a planet eating destroyer. With bullets. Lots and lots of bullets. And sometimes patriotism.

Point being, not a big fan of the slow, barely wrought death on Marie. Idea: A fourth "stage" where she just sits there and takes the pain. Gives you a chance to do something spectacular and burn off any spare meter. Maybe even vulnerable to grabs. A way to end on a high note.

Another, less serious idea: Nightmare Mode has "Bloody Marie"- can Sleepwalk have "Anemic Marie"? Goes down in one hit and the credits taunt you afterwards? It could be funny.

(Also, say what I will about Marie, at least she's not Seth from SF4. Praise and thanks to everyone involved for not having Seth in Skullgirls. Screw Seth.)

Reactions: ElementFree