• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pacific NW Skullgirls Saturdays

Kn0td

Chinchiller
Reaction score
Steam
Kn0td
Squigly Cerebella
"Gentlemen and Ladies, its ... SHOWTIME!"

I'm looking to start up a weekly or monthly Saturday local tournament in Portland, Oregon. While I may not be great at the game myself, I'm more than just willing to support the Skullgirls Community. This tournament is meant to get people who want to learn the game better/get to know people who play the game.

What I am looking for currently:
  • "Believe in the announcer that believes in you!" or in other words, people to cast who can point out other people's failures (to a certain degree), should be eligible for the intermediate tournament
  • A location to hold this, I currently have a place in SW Portland (where I currently live) that can hold up to ~15 people, but I'd want to expand the venue if necessary
Here is a link to the google doc to gauge people's interest: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rz0I1ly2lzNO_Gf85SPa5F1O-owYJfToEnU2rmaP3kA/edit?usp=sharing

Tournament Rules and Guidelines

The tournament will most likely be streamed through a new twitch account with a web cam when in between matches! (I'll post a link to the channel if enough interested is gained)

Beginner Tournament Entry Requirements:
  • Have at least 10 hours into the game
  • Have completed the tutorial
  • Know a "Bread and Butter" combo or two
Intermediate Tournament Entry Requirements:
  • Have at least 100 hours into the game
  • Know the ins and outs of your character(s)
  • You will be placed here in future tournaments with our discretion if we deem you too good for the beginner's tournament.
I'm here to mainly gauge people's initial interest before going forth with putting up a invite system.
So here's a link again! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rz0I1ly2lzNO_Gf85SPa5F1O-owYJfToEnU2rmaP3kA/edit?usp=sharing

"MOOOOOM! I'm playing video games!" Most importantly: remember this is to have FUN! Competitive spirit is great and all, but don't go overboard else you won't be allowed/invited to future events.

"Quiet on the set!" Well actually, just the opposite. Spreading this word of mouth is incredibly important and have them sign up through the doc so I know how many people are interested in this type of thing!

"This is true love we're making!"
Best Regards,
Kn0t

P.S. Any questions or concerns with regards to location, timing, etc. will be address in either a pm or when I update this to include those things (if enough interest is gained)

Note: A small prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for both the beginner tournament and intermediate tournament.