• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Partially remove assist collision

KuroOneHalf

Artist & summer addict
Reaction score
Steam
Kuroonehalf
Eliza Filia Cerebella
I'd like to suggest for assists to not have collision hitboxes during their entrance animation all the way till they land on the ground. The reason is because it can cause some really bullshit situations where the enemy's assist will push you when coming in and completely alter your movement trajectory, not just disorienting you but often putting you in disadvantageous positions, and sometimes even going as far as to make you cross over and breaking your block.

I find that this happens most with Big Band, though I'm unsure if that's due to me playing vs him a lot or him indeed having a bigger collision box. Regardless, it's an issue I bump into fairly frequently and that I feel is quite unfair.

If perhaps you haven't encountered this issue and would like some example footage of what I mean I can try to run my next matches on beta and record the replay if it happens again.

While at it, I'd like to suggest possibly also removing collision after the active frames, as it makes certain matchups harder than they should be for from what I can tell no good reason. This issue is quite evident on the Peacock on point with random assists matchup, where you don't just have to deal with the barrage of projectile and assist attacks, but you then also have to deal with constantly being walled off by the assists during their post-attack goodbye animation.

Last edited:
Taking advantage of the thread, there's something kinda related that has been bothering me a ton.

Squigly versus anything+big band. I read a jump+assistcall and jumpforward into grab to counter his action. The grab connects and Big Band stops his assist motion. All is good until...

I followup the grab with a divekick. It will 100% whiff the point and hit Big Band, giving my opponent a ground tech to get out of my correctly guessed counter.

There are other similar interactions in the game, but Big Band makes them 300% more frequent.

Am I being too spoiled by thinking this is unfair?

While at it, I'd like to suggest possibly also removing collision after the active frames
But then how would you celebrate birthdays
Can you make them hittable without running into them?

I'd like to suggest for assists to not have collision hitboxes during their entrance animation all the way till they land on the ground. The reason is because it can cause some really bullshit situations where the enemy's assist will push you when coming in and completely alter your movement trajectory, not just disorienting you but often putting you in disadvantageous positions, and sometimes even going as far as to make you cross over and breaking your block.
It prevents an even larger number of bullshit situations where the assist lands behind you because you were moving forward when it was called, and then not only hits you and isn't punishable but also pushes you forward.
Pick your poison*.

I might be able to do something interesting with it, like make the assist always pushed by you instead of both being half-pushed, lemme see.

While at it, I'd like to suggest possibly also removing collision after the active frames, as it makes certain matchups harder than they should be for from what I can tell no good reason. This issue is quite evident on the Peacock on point with random assists matchup, where you don't just have to deal with the barrage of projectile and assist attacks, but you then also have to deal with constantly being walled off by the assists during their post-attack goodbye animation.
You mean, let 'em be hit but also run through? No way. You should be hitting them. Why aren't you hitting them?

* I already picked for you.

I might be able to do something interesting with it, like make the assist always pushed by you instead of both being half-pushed, lemme see.
I find myself hitting the assist macro when I know I'm going to hit by their DP, because of how tall double is and how she blocks people from dashing into a confirm off their assists.
Yeah I mean it's asking for a midscreen un-combo but at least I don't have to eat a reset after their pick up.

So yeah maybe 100% or 90% push force for a beta test would be a cool thing to try.

I find myself hitting the assist macro when I know I'm going to hit by their DP, because of how tall double is and how she blocks people from dashing into a confirm off their assists.
Yeah I mean it's asking for a midscreen un-combo but at least I don't have to eat a reset after their pick up.
Play better people, that'll get both characters killed.

Taking advantage of the thread, there's something kinda related that has been bothering me a ton.

Squigly versus anything+big band. I read a jump+assistcall and jumpforward into grab to counter his action. The grab connects and Big Band stops his assist motion. All is good until...

I followup the grab with a divekick. It will 100% whiff the point and hit Big Band, giving my opponent a ground tech to get out of my correctly guessed counter.

There are other similar interactions in the game, but Big Band makes them 300% more frequent.

Am I being too spoiled by thinking this is unfair?
I find pretty much every assist ruins Squiglys air throw conversions

You mean, let 'em be hit but also run through? No way. You should be hitting them. Why aren't you hitting them?
Because that leaves me vulnerable to Peacock/whoever's projectiles. And because as Filia for example, against good zoning, I don't seem to have many options aside from weaving through the minefield and getting to melee range.

Because that leaves me vulnerable to Peacock/whoever's projectiles. And because as Filia for example, against good zoning, I don't seem to have many options aside from weaving through the minefield and getting to melee range.
Look up Suki Cancel. Hit 'em with launchers. Learn. :^)

WE HAVE SUKI CANCELS IN THIS?!