• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Peacock s.HK Oddity.

Reaction score
(I don't think this is a bug, but I don't know where else to post this.)

It might just be me, but I've noticed that every time I do Peacock's s.HK when the opponent is also Peacock, she never once said "Laces out". She does, however, say "Good grief" or stays silent. But if I do her s.HK when the opponent is anyone else, she says it like she's supposed to.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I just incredibly (un)lucky?

Checked it out of curiosity. It's pretty much like you said. In a mirror match, Peacock 1 will only say "good grief" or nothing at all. Peacock 2, on the other hand will only say "laces out" or nothing at all. Either player's Peacock will pick between "good grief", "laces out" and silence if going against a non-Peacock.

I think that was intentionally set up by Mike so mirror matches don't get audibly annoying with too much of the same repeated stuff. Like Jin mirrors in BB.

Checked it out of curiosity. It's pretty much like you said. In a mirror match, Peacock 1 will only say "good grief" or nothing at all. Peacock 2, on the other hand will only say "laces out" or nothing at all. Either player's Peacock will pick between "good grief", "laces out" and silence if going against a non-Peacock.
Didn't know that Player 2 Peacock only says "Laces out". Maybe it's intentional?

I couldn't test it too much, but I did check her s.HP and both Peacocks in a mirror went both "avast" and "yohoho". Therefore, it either isn't intentional or is but doesn't work consistently for all attacks.