• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Projectile hit in move startup advances stage

Sydoh

Silent Dolphin
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Sydoh
PSN
worldjem7
Ms. Fortune
If you do a move and a tear detonates on its own during the startup of any move, it advances the stage even though the move never hits.

Examples:
If you set a tear, jump, do j.MK float, and the tear sets off and hits the opponent while you're floating, it puts you at stage 2 even though you never touched the opponent.

Set Tear, do 5HP right when it's about to detonate and you will be stage 3 even though you're nowhere near the opponent.

Last edited:
Probably related, but Napalm Trigger's detonation also starts a combo off from Stage 3 (which ideally I'm guessing should be stage 2 since it's just a special) maybe from the aforementioned thing.

All projectiles do this. It probably won't get fixed because fixing it would break something else somewhere else for everyone, but noted.

So, I'm not sure what happened, but the old bug about projectiles advancing the combo stage early has been fixed and the bug in the original video no longer happens (yay!).

However, I found another thing with Peacock's j.MK advancing the combo stage early if you airdash cancel out of it too early.

Last edited:
Well, at least it's known now.

Thanks for checking this.

Edit: @WarpedEcho reminded me that this was also a problem with Robo's j.HP when she was still able to airdash. I had completely forgotten about that when I found the one with Peacock.

Last edited: