• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

PS4, people disconnecting consistently?

Brostradamus

Reaction score
PSN
Brostradamus--
Filia Ms. Fortune Fukua
What the title says. I'm relatively new to this game so idk if salt quitting is a thing but in the 15 or so online matches I've played, literally every single person on the losing side has disconnected flat out after losing a bit of their health to one of my simple 4k combos. Idk what it is, my connection is flawless tier so it's definitely not me. Ping is usually great too. Are people leaving or is this a connection bug that needs to be fixed? I know this game is fresh on the system as of the 7th so maybe something needs to be ironed out idk.

And do you lose anything if you quit early? I certainly don't gain anything, which is pretty lame because street fighter 4 at least gives you your rank points for a D/C.
Any input is appreciated, this be my first post so I'm sorry if I'm falling short on your common etiquette or if this is in the wrong place. It's not so much a bug report as it is a question. Thanks.

It's possible there may be a lot of salt going on right now, since the game has released on PS4 there are most likely a lot of newer players hopping on. (Weirdly onto online immediately but what're you going to do)

Hopefully it isn't a network issue, skullgirls has a really good netcode.

On the question about losing anything, there isn't any kind of match making ranking/points/leveling system in place, unless you count the leaderboards for the console version, which honestly I'm not sure how it works, but it isn't something that has any kind of scoreboard.

So don't worry about people disconnecting affecting you in any way other than lackluster online experience. :c
I hope the problem resolves itself soon, because most likely it's just newer players with salt, that wave should pass soon thankfully.